Why become a member? ×

Gone
£1400

Scooby

This was in my house less than a week ago.

Did need some work doing and Pete is a great guy to deal with.

He bought it off me for good price and the work that's been done is reflected in the resale value.

Very surprised tbh to see this up for sale so soon..literally days.. But there we are that's how the market goes.

Moving this bass has allowed me to lay down an order for another Shuker..

Edited by ZenBasses

[quote name='ZenBasses' timestamp='1383731892' post='2268177']
This was in my house less than a week ago.

Did need some work doing and Pete is a great guy to deal with.

He bought it off me for good price and the work that's been done is reflected in the resale value.

Very surprised tbh to see this up for sale so soon..literally days.. But there we are that's how the market goes.

Moving this bass has allowed me to lay down an order for another Shuker..
[/quote]

If I could afford to keep both basses I would ;) However, the repairs added up to much more than I expected and I need to recoup some cash. It's the Dingwall or the Shuker!

Looks lovely Pete, and know from experience the quality of JS' instruments.
Could you add some photo(s) inside the control cavity and specify what was 'duff'/changed - has the bass been altered from the original EQ / pots. etc? (or was it JS who performed the rescue work?)
Cheers.

[quote name='eubassix' timestamp='1383924430' post='2270902']
Looks lovely Pete, and know from experience the quality of JS' instruments.
Could you add some photo(s) inside the control cavity and specify what was 'duff'/changed - has the bass been altered from the original EQ / pots. etc? (or was it JS who performed the rescue work?)
Cheers.
[/quote]

Picture of control cavity as requested. The electronics have been checked, cleaned and serviced with the shielding redone. Quite a laborious task but well worth it.

As the original owner of the bass I can confirm the bass has not been abused in any way. It was put away for over a month in its Hiscox case and when it was removed for packaging to send to Pete the fault was discovered.

When I bought the bass it had a slightly scratchy treble pot when seemed to right itself once used.

I was distraught as everything seemed and appeared to be fine. Obviously a trained eye can tell more than me as I am not electrically minded and didn't dare touch a thing.

The sound is awesome..... I sold it as I wasn't and still not a PJ man and prefer my Duel humbuckers

My favourite thing was the lack of volume and tone drop with the EQ set flat when switching between active and passive.

So flexible and sat in a mix better than my GB.

Anyone put off by the 33'' scale don't be.. It's a dream to play.. Light and extremely comfortable...

Was sad to see if go but another JS bass is on the books now.... As Jon is my preferred builder.

:)

[quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1386159030' post='2296469']
how's the tone on this one? I've never heard/touched a Shuker...
[/quote][quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1386159030' post='2296469']
how's the tone on this one? I've never heard/touched a Shuker...
[/quote]

Jon makes exceedingly good basses :) This has an active/passive volume pot with no loss of volume when switching from active to passive. The range of tones are diverse ranging from a McCartney 'Come Together' tone through to a touch of Mark King slap tone. However, I like the pan pot just edged towards the back pick-up and this is the real 'sweet spot' for me. Here's a link to Jon's site and some sound clips: http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/sounds.html

Edited by Scooby