Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Fender AMVRI '64 Jazz bass - 2013 series (Price drop)
£1500

smaz

Hi folks,

I'm putting this up as a feeler. I'm not 100% certain I will sell yet, I still haven't made up my mind. However...

I have an American Vintage Re-issue '64 Jazz bass in Olympic White. It's probably... 6 months old? At most?

I initially bought a '74 version, but had to return it due to a wonky bridge cover (how it got past quality control I don't know). I went back to the store, tried out the other basses & took this one away. But I just can't seem to get on with it... It's just not for me. I'm not sure what it is - it may be the neck isn't quite to my taste, but I find myself always going back to my trusty precision bass.

It has picked up a couple of dings, see photos attached. The worst is on the bottom of the bass, the others are minor. There are also two small black marks on the case.

The full bass specs can be found here:
[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/basses/jazz-bass/american-vintage-64-jazz-bass-round-laminated-rosewood-fingerboard-olympic-white/"]http://www.fender.co...-olympic-white/[/url][list]
[*]Alder body
[*]Maple neck
[*]Round-laminated rosewood fingerboard
[*]American vintage 64 jazz bass single-coil pickups
[*]Vintage-style heel adjust truss rod
[*]Nickel/Chrome hardware
[*]Mounted chrome pickup and “F” bridge cover
[*]Fender flash coat lacquer finish
[/list]
Any questions please let me know. Comes with original hard case & all the candy - I've not even opened the bags containing the cable / cloth / strings etc.

Any questions let me know. Bass is in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Trials welcome. I can deliver at cost to the buyer.

Asking for[s] £1,500[/s] [s]£1300 [/s]£1100. These seem to be around £1,800 new - I've not seen anywhere with one of these in stock since I bought this.

I reserve the right to change my mind... ! :)

Cheers, Smaz

[attachment=147316:IMG_4212.JPG]

[attachment=147317:IMG_4214.JPG]

[attachment=147318:IMG_4215.JPG]

[attachment=147319:IMG_4218.JPG]

[attachment=147320:IMG_4219.JPG]

[attachment=147321:IMG_4220.JPG]

[attachment=147322:IMG_4221.JPG]

[attachment=147323:IMG_4223.JPG]

[attachment=147324:IMG_4224.JPG]

Edited by smaz

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1383485078' post='2264882']
i reserve the right to say that is f***in gorgeous. great price also. Fenders are suppose to have dings.!
[/quote]

It is a great bass, had many many compliments on it.

Bump! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump, with a price drop to £1300. I'm loving the neck on a recently acquired Marcus Miller jazz, I think '70s style is more for me!

Still interested in Precision-based trades. A Lakland Duck Dunn would be perfect... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...