Why become a member? ×

Sold-Warwick Fortress One-Sold
£400

KennysFord

NOW SOLD.

Hey folks,
For Sale Only is my 1993 Warwick Fortress One.
I've only had this a couple of weeks and although it's the finest "playing" bass I've owned I'm not quite getting on with the tone. Would suit a Rock player I'd say.
As a previous owner stated the neck on this Bass is a dream, I'd dare to say better even than the one my 2002 Thumb NT. Condition is a solid 99.99%, one very very slight dink under the lower P pickup and that's about it, amazing really for a 1993 Bass. The Neck is perfect, no fret wear and great action.

The Bass came fitted with a set of wizards but I changed them out for an EMG PJ set and fitted a BTS Preamp. The original passive controls etc will be included.

I've put an order in for a "Built" P Bass so something has to give and as much as I'd like to keep it it has to go to raise funds.
A very reluctant sale, priced at what I paid £400 collection from Preston or plus delivery.
I'm happy to meet or deliver within reason and happy for anyone to come and try it out.
I have more pics if needed and happy to forward them on.
Cheers.
B)
[url="http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/kennyrodg/media/cf069a5014b6da70ea0ef2ecb0ead0b2_zpscca44b39.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1382875810' post='2257391']
Great basses, great fella, great price.....
These are the most under appreciated of all the Warwick's in my book.
[/quote]

Agreed they're really great, awesome necks, i have Wizards trads & passive in mine......although ironically I was going to offer you mine for your MM Sub as a trade, but i see your after cash ;)

Hey Guys,
The Wizards were in it when I bought it but I sold them on, they were a tad to aggressive for me and as the EMG's show, it's not lost any of it at all. I guess it's in the makeup of the Bass.
There's no night and day difference in the two different Pup sets, not in this Bass at least. I've strung it with LaBella Flats atm and it still growls like a son of a bitch.
The truth is, I use my Thumb for the function band almost exclusively and I really want a decent P Bass for playing Blues stuff so after having spent a couple of weeks with it at home I know I'd be picking the Thumb as my go to Bass.
I wanted to give a Fortress a try out and as good as this one is, it would probably be on the wall hanger come Saturday night. However...... If I didn't have the Thumb then it would be a no brainer.
B)

I am the original owner of this bass when it had MEC's and passive circuit. The neck is amazing, thin and such a low action can be achieved from the excellent tidy fretwork. It had a very even volume across all strings up and down the neck. I used it for mainly soul/funk and pop music live and some studio work. I only sold it because I was between jobs and needed the money. Lovely versatile proper old school Warwick quality.

OK, in the interest of completing the back story :D I put the Wizards in to rock to up a bit, and, that detail notwithstanding, it's a fantastic bass, and still probably the best neck of anything I've owned. The most bass for £400 on here (IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc... ;) )

Thanks guys, really appreciate the positive comments.
Sale pending and on hold for GrizzlyScott.
B)

Bass is now Sold.

Edited by kennyrodg