Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR5000E Prestige - SOLDDDDD!
£1300

aldude

Price dropped to [s]£1200[/s] [s]£1100[/s] [b]£1000![/b]

[b]ON HOLD :) NOW SOLD! :D[/b]

Hello Basschatters.

Ibanez SR5000E Prestige 4 string bass. Not much to say about this bass really part from if you haven't held one of Ibanez's fine Prestige basses, you don't know what you're missing! This one's the top of the Ibanez SR range.

This one is about 2 years old and in excellent condition. It's seen a few gigs but not so many recently after I got my Shuker. The only real issues, if you can call them that, is a few minor dings on the headstock, some scrapes on one of the pickups from the E string, and some thumb wear above that pickup which can easily be stained to fix it. The photos should show the bass in all its glory. The serial number dates this bass to having been made in June 2010, at the Fujigen factory in Japan.

Fantastic bass, made in Japan, slim neck which is titanium reinforced, curved Bartolini pickups, wenge top & back to sandwich a mahogany body, great active preamp to get a massive range of tones and also a passive switch ... none of this matters when you pick it up and just feel how wonderfully made it is and what a quality bass.

Here's some specs from the Ibanez page - it is still the flagship SR bass.

[url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eb_page13.php?area_id=3&data_id=169&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=2&series_id=112"]http://www.ibanez.co...2&series_id=112[/url]

Comes with original supplied hard case. Cash sale only please, I was looking for a 5 but I'm sorted now!

Collection from Bristol, meet within a reasonable distance or I can courier it.

Edited by aldude

Lovely bass. :)

I purchased an Ibanez Prestige 4005E off Mr. aldude a while back and it was in fantastic condition and clearly well looked after (as well as nicely setup which was a nice bonus!) Met up with him to pick up the instrument and he was great to deal with as well.

[quote name='Flex' timestamp='1382533189' post='2253270']
5 string trades only? Or 4 string + cash?
Pete
[/quote]

Sorry, 5 string only! The reason being, I have another awesome 4 string and it would need to be something truly special to better that one or this Ibanez!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1386168771' post='2296664'] Do you know the weight please ? [/quote]

Hello Mr Floop, unfortunately I don't have scales so I can't weigh it. It is an Ibanez SR though so I don't expect it could be classed as "heavy". It is very well balanced though!!

• 2 weeks later...