Why become a member? ×

Problem switching the pickup

Cat Burrito

[attachment=146231:pup.jpg]

I appreciate this may sound like a real newbie question but I've recently upgraded my old upright bass and subsequently taken the Shadow pickup off the bridge of my old bass to put it on the new bass. It was a tight fit on the original bridge but I'm having the opposite problem with my new bass and the pads simply slide out of the gaps in the bridge. Where am I going wrong? I figure I can't be the first person to have this problem so looking for tips / advice. They really are quite loose and just fall out. I don't want to buy a new pickup and it was an aftermarket pickup so it's not like it should fit the old bass and not the new one.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1381930834' post='2245636']...a la Clarky ( actually gender fail; should it be aux Clarky?)
[/quote]

Literally, [i]à la[/i] only means (in this case) [i]in the[/i]. It's an abbreviation of [i]à la mode de[/i], which means [i]in the style of[/i]. The [i]de[/i] is not governed by the gender of the place/person/etc that follows. "À la Clarky" is correct. :)