Why become a member? ×

What's the Bassiest Bass?

The bassiest bass is pretty much the one with a pickup furthest from the bridge, so as far as i know thats the aforementioned ovation magnum, the prs bass pictured earlier and the billy sheehen bass also have a pickup in this area so they may be contenders too, gibson ebo and rickenbacker also getting there.

[quote name='Tdw' timestamp='1383580856' post='2266139']
The bassiest bass is pretty much the one with a pickup furthest from the bridge, so as far as i know thats the aforementioned ovation magnum, the prs bass pictured earlier and the billy sheehen bass also have a pickup in this area so they may be contenders too, gibson ebo and rickenbacker also getting there.
[/quote]
You can add Lakland Decade to your list of basses with true neck pickups.

Personally, I find that what my right hand is doing has pretty much the same amount of influence on the amount of overtone free fundamental as my pickup choice does.

The fleshy bit of the thumb, played over the end of the neck is way different to fingertips played down by the neck.

I know we all know this, but it's surely what we all do anyway without even thinking about it.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1383254928' post='2262334']
:)

A huge amount! I wonder why he doesn't use it!
[/quote]

Having seen him live several times over the last 6 or so years I'd respectfully disagree. It's been getting bassier in the last few years. I think he's learning ;) haha!

My Attitude thunders out the lows with growl to boot. Love it!

Edited by AttitudeCastle