Why become a member? ×

Trick ...how to get new strings in 10 minutes....

John Cellario

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1380794107' post='2230560']boil them in white (clear) vinegar, for 10 mins

This really does work - the vinegar, being acidic
breaks down the sweaty, greasy bits of skin and other muck that have accumulated in the windings
[/quote]

So the 'acid sweat' kills the strings and the acidic vinegar revives them. I love musician science.

I'm going to look for threads about how only one type of bass 'cuts through a mix' next. :-)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1381183275' post='2235642']
So the 'acid sweat' kills the strings and the acidic vinegar revives them. I love musician science.

I'm going to look for threads about how only one type of bass 'cuts through a mix' next. :-)
[/quote]

No, sweat isn't "acid" - the vinegar is. As my post stated
That's not musician science - that's basic science...

The acidic quality of the vinegar helps to break down the gunk that has worked its' way into the windings

When you look for your chosen threads, you may care to actually read the content, before commenting! ;)

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1381559772' post='2240596']
Slightly longer than 10 minutes but strings direct will get you the new string sound quickly.
I ordered a couple of sets of their strings on friday afternoon and[b] got knocked up by the postman[/b] on saturday morning
New string sound
[/quote]

:P