Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SG400 MIJ 1985ish, it's SOLD
£450

This.
Yamaha's answer to a Les Paul.
sorry,
Yamaha's mid range answer to a les Paul.

1984ish sounds great, plays great, coil tapped - i'm a bass player and it just gathers dust.
More photos and details for anyone who wants them.... this is a bass forum so this advert might just gather dust....

I'm in Leeds, no hard case so posting may be a challenge.
The clear out continues.... Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1380449673' post='2225301']
These 80's SGs are seriously good guitars, and IMHO wonderfully consistent, in terms of build quality.
I can't remember owning a "duff" yamaha guitar or bass.

GLWTS.
[/quote] I have no idea what GLWTS means, but thanks! :D

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1380474138' post='2225833']
:-)
Great Long Winded Thread Starter??
Or.....
Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

ahh cheers :)

I've also got this up on a local forum full of guitarists and everyones offering me telecasters like they are going out of fashion!

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1380658925' post='2228678']
That's lovely, looks more SG like in a lot of ways. In fact probably prettier.
[/quote] one of my best friends has a degree or two in music tech, worked in the LA studio scene for a few years at some big studios.... and he kept thinking it was a copy of a Gibson SG. ... it's not really it's Yamaha's version of a les paul that happens to look more like a pretty version of a SG :)

[i]Definitely more like a Les Paul than an SG. I think these were a cutaway LP despite the SG name. A mate of mine has an SG2000 from the early 80's and that is the best guitar I have ever come across (Early Santana and Jake Burns). Another mate has an SG500, again another great guitar. I have a Yamaha Studio Lord 360 which looks like a Les Paul but sounds uncannily like the SG2000. Good old Yamaha in the 80's. Love em..[/i]

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1382091182' post='2247713']
[i]Definitely more like a Les Paul than an SG. I think these were a cutaway LP despite the SG name. A mate of mine has an SG2000 from the early 80's and that is the best guitar I have ever come across (Early Santana and Jake Burns). Another mate has an SG500, again another great guitar. I have a Yamaha Studio Lord 360 which looks like a Les Paul but sounds uncannily like the SG2000. Good old Yamaha in the 80's. Love em..[/i]
[/quote] thanks, its amazing how many folk presume it's a copy of a Gibson sg.

Oh and the sale fell through at the 11th hour so this is available again. 399 or trades for bass stuff :)