Why become a member? ×

I replaced the broken tuner....

Ou7shined

... and the smaller winding capstan seems to suit the thin G string better.

:D :D :D :D

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P-Bass-Korean-quite-old-and-unbranded-hotrail-jazz-bass-pickup-/190902052351"]http://www.ebay.co.u...p-/190902052351[/url]

As soon as I saw the first pic I knew it had to be him. Interesting read as usual. :D

[size=4][font="Arial"]"The photo of the rear was intended to show the little plugged hole, but failed through glare; either way I will tidy and fill the hole before selling the bass"[/font][/size]

What's this little plugged hole we can't see then? Don't tell me he went right through with the hammer & chisel when he was [s]'installing'[/s] hacking out the cavity for the Hotrail :o

I wonder what the all up weight will be by the time he's "tidied & filled the hole"? Shouldn't take more than a bag of 'Postcrete' to fill in around the pick up :D

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1380288008' post='2223315']What's this little plugged hole we can't see then? Don't tell me he went right through with the hammer & chisel when he was [s]'installing'[/s] hacking out the cavity for the Hotrail :o
[/quote]

Oh my god you could be right. I'd thought he was on about the rear of the headstock but there's only screw holes there. But yes there does seem to be a strategically placed anomalous reflection right where the pup rout would be. :o !!

[quote name='hamster' post='2223335']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I think we have the gist of what this guy does now. For those fans of his work, you can still search eBay for the latest offerings but I think it's time to put this subject to bed now.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Sums it up really.