Why become a member? ×

SOLD

wordsetcetera

Hello fellow chatters,

I have an NSCR5M electric upright with endpin stand and tripod plus the more sturdy gig bag. Comes with a used set of the original strings, is currently sporting NS helicore hybrids tuned BEADG, I have a high C also, which will also be supplied with the bass.

The bass has been gigged for the past two years, in a jazz environment, so has been reasonably well looked after.

I will post pictures later today (if I can work out the fangled technology!?!).

I am looking for £1100, or a very near offer.

I can accept credit cards (not AMEX!) through my shop, or paypal, or even good ole foldin' cash.

Can meet (for reasonable petrol costs) on the M25 for you London peeps, or anywhere between Dorchester and Cardiff on Friday or Sunday this week.

I am based in Dorchester, Dorset.

NOT looking for trades, sorry.

If you want the best EUB, this is it.

Ciao f'now,

Simon

Edited by wordsetcetera

I love your shop. Downstairs is very cosy. It's been a while since I've been in, but on the most recent occasion Nina Simone was playing and it put me in a wonderfully congenial mood for the rest of the day.

How about half in cash half in work? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='wordsetcetera' post='301234' date='Oct 7 2008, 11:48 AM']Hello folks,

This is still for sale, if anyone's interested?

Now £1100.00

Simon[/quote]
Is it still available, and what do you mean by <reasonably well looked after>? Are we talking about surface burnishing where your thumb rested, or chips and dings from playing shoulder to shoulder on small stages?

David

[quote name='wordsetcetera' post='220478' date='Jun 17 2008, 10:28 AM']The bass has been gigged for the past two years, in a jazz environment, so has been reasonably well looked after.[/quote]
Nnnnnnnice.

I'd love to live in a jazz environment, I'd probably get out of bed an hour before I went to sleep, eat breakfast through my arse and go to work in an office for a holiday. I hope the bass was exposed to less demanding surroundings? :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='315361' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:06 PM']Nnnnnnnice.

I'd love to live in a jazz environment, I'd probably get out of bed an hour before I went to sleep, eat breakfast through my arse and go to work in an office for a holiday. I hope the bass was exposed to less demanding surroundings? :)[/quote]
I'm struggling with this one. It reads like sarcasm, but it is not clear to whom you are being sarcastic.

David

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='315424' date='Oct 26 2008, 10:40 PM']I'm struggling with this one. It reads like sarcasm, but it is not clear to whom you are being sarcastic.

David[/quote]
Its not sarcasm, its just a dry sense of humour. See that :) ? It means don't take it seriously. You heard of "jazz cigarettes"? Well I was just having fun with the idea of a "jazz environment".

Stand at ease, soldier.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='315428' date='Oct 26 2008, 10:48 PM']...Stand at ease, soldier...[/quote]
I saw the smiley, but I couldn't work out whether it was a general swipe at jazzers, one of the posters, or something else entirely. I am not used to seeing "my arse" used in sentences that are not derogatory (or medical!).

Perhaps I need to get out more...

• 3 weeks later...