Why become a member? ×

Effects power supplies - a recommendation.

Ancient Mariner

I'm building a new board right now, and wanted a power supply for it. There's lots of options at various price points, and I was considering a Diago unit because of their reputation for quietness, but they were quite expensive. Came across a company through ebay that seemed to know a little more about what they were doing than most of the vendors, and bought a 1.3 amp wall-wart type supply with daisy chain from them. Construction quality isn't astonishing (though not bad either) but for something that will be a fit and forget item it is perfectly acceptable.

Tried it last night - there's not a trace of hum through a pedal that was quite noisy with a couple of other power supplies I have. So that's my recommendation: a quiet supply at a good price.

Here's the suppliers web site: http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/power-supplies-8-c.asp

Their shop 'Stompbox' is only about 10 mins away from me. Great supply of effect pedals too, if thats your thing.

Also, members on Basschat: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/8939-fxpedalcouk/"][color="#282828"]fxpedal.co.uk[/color][/url]

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='Qlank' timestamp='1377612805' post='2189379']
I picked up a Soundlab 450 from Maplin. 6 outlets, no noize as far as I can hear so far. Quite happy with it.
[/quote]

I have a soundlab 450 on my other board, and it's been fine, but it's quite bulky and doesn't have enough muscle (NUX Timeforce draws 300ma alone). I'm running 11 or 12 pedals including the timeforce off the one supply, although everything else is analogue.