Why become a member? ×

A flat - I 'ate it....

Bilbo

As the man said, Ab and Db are a bit of a challenge and especially if the nut is not well set up; most jazzers would prefer the other flat keys. But it's do-able and there is no better key for playing Sweet Georgia Brown, if that is what you want to do. And Db is the written key for Body and Soul, although you seldom play that chord in the chorus.

If you can live with Db you're doing it wrong... :lol:
Ab has the momentary relief of a major 7 open G and cheeky flat five and flat 2 side slips... all open strings.
Db is across the break for similar moves... I urge you be more varied in Db and report back with bleeding tendons.
Also Db is a beautiful ballad key.... (chelsea bridge and other Strayhorn beauties) Hold those crotchets longer I tell you!!!

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1375703258' post='2164405']
If you can live with Db you're doing it wrong... :lol:
Ab has the momentary relief of a major 7 open G and cheeky flat five and flat 2 side slips... all open strings.
Db is across the break for similar moves... I urge you be more varied in Db and report back with bleeding tendons.
Also Db is a beautiful ballad key.... (chelsea bridge and other Strayhorn beauties) Hold those crotchets longer I tell you!!!
[/quote]

Db is easy though, look:

[media]http://youtu.be/ZriDqnzsOrQ[/media]

:ph34r:

Edited by Hector