Why become a member? ×

NOW TRADED PLEASE REMOVE
£550

darren

Very little cosmetic wear on this bass due to little use. Bought new in 2011. It's fitted with TI flats and sounds very nice for it. I'm not looking for trades. I live in Manchester and would prefer local pickup. I can take more pictures if helpful. I tried to sell this bass on here before for £700 but not a sniff of interest. Hopefully I've weighted the asking price more appropriately this time.

Edited by darren

Hi, I’m not sure how heavy the bass is and don't have an easy way to measure (no scales!) but I don't consider it to be particularly heavy - certainly not as heavy as my MIA precision. The neck is nice and smooth - again I think the finish is much smoother than my 1996 precision. No neck dive problems to report. The neck is small for my hands and i've never really taken to playing it. I have a precision and an epiphone JC that I prefer the handfeel (real word?) of so this bass gets overlooked. Not very up on all the types of fender jazz basses so I don't really know what makes this bass 'special.' hopefully someone on here would be kind enough to elaborate this point. Thanks for the interest.

[quote name='darren' timestamp='1375790698' post='2165591']Not very up on all the types of fender jazz basses so I don't really know what makes this bass 'special.' hopefully someone on here would be kind enough to elaborate this point[/quote]

To quote:

[color=#808080][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][i][size=4][b]"Fender American Special Jazz Bass[/b] is one of a new range of bass guitars for 2011. Fender American Special Jazz Bass, offers a host of stunning features coupled with what can only be described as awesome build quality. And the best bit about this particular bass guitar is that the American Special Jazz Bass delivers all of this at price that's just hard to believe![/size][/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#808080][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][i][size=4]Fender American Special Jazz Bass features a slim neck profile, with a high-gloss finish plus the amazing Fender Greasebucket tone circuit, which rolls off highs while maintaining low-end definition. Other features include an alder body, the classic C-shaped maple neck with rosewood fretboard and medium jumbo frets, two single-coil alnico Jazz Bass pickups, vintage-style black plastic Jazz Bass knobs, 3-Ply Parchment pick-guard, vintage-style bridge and strap buttons. A deluxe gig bag rounds out the package and makes the Fender American Special Jazz Bass an instant classic."[/size][/i][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][size=4]Except that this one clearly has a maple fretboard... ;)[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#808080][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][size=4]They currently go for around £775 new, so it is not surprising that you didn't get much interest at £700! :) This seems a much better price. B)[/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Conan

[quote name='darren' timestamp='1376402257' post='2173376']
Now on ebay. Over 1000 views and no real interest. Hope ebay land is more dynamic.
[/quote] Dunno but ebay land will sting you on fees and you might even get grief so why not reduce the price a bit on here and save yourself on evilbays fees and hassle? anyway GLWTS

Darren, try Bumtree and Preloved. They will cost you nowt to try and there isn't quite as much competition there.
I have sold three of my last 4 on there, not on here.
It seems that with many basses on here the expectation is now to go daftly low. Often people wanting yours need to sell their's first which further complicates proceedings.
Good luck, excellent bass, excellent price.
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1376423783' post='2173864']
Darren, try Bumtree and Preloved. They will cost you nowt to try and there isn't quite as much competition there.
I have sold three of my last 4 on there, not on here.
It seems that with many basses on here the expectation is now to go daftly low. Often people wanting yours need to sell their's first which further complicates proceedings.
Good luck, excellent bass, excellent price.
Karl.
[/quote] I agree that sometimes people go daftly low on prices but then there's the flipside of some people really taking the mick and trying to sell there bass at a ridiculously high price in the 1st place

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1376476264' post='2174358']
I agree that sometimes people go daftly low on prices but then there's the flipside of some people really taking the mick and trying to sell there bass at a ridiculously high price in the 1st place
[/quote]

Quite agree and it's a comment I really should not have made :blush: .
So, bump for a lovely bass and back on topic?

[quote name='paulieaudiobloom' timestamp='1376478001' post='2174387']
Are you interested in trades matey?
[/quote]
Potentially. My plan was to sell this bass and pick up a cheap 5 string (prob a squire VM 5er) for noodling around with + harvest some much needed spare cash. What did you have in mind?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1376476264' post='2174358']
I agree that sometimes people go daftly low on prices but then there's the flipside of some people really taking the mick and trying to sell there bass at a ridiculously high price in the 1st place
[/quote]
Do you think £550 is way off the mark? What would you value this bass at out of interest? At

[quote name='darren' timestamp='1376482120' post='2174499']
Do you think £550 is way off the mark? What would you value this bass at out of interest? At
[/quote] Hi darren the above quote was not a dig at you mate it was a generalization of the current state of play in the market place i am sorry if you thought I was having a dig at you like I said was just in generalization :) as for price I don't think £500 would be a million miles off but its just unfortunate it is just not a sellers market for anyone at this time. Anyway GLWTS and back on topic :)