Why become a member? ×

traben bass

patrikmarky

I had a Phoenix 5-string that looked stunning. Pre-amp was a bit noisy. The neck really needed a bit more finish on it for my tastes and a proper fret dress (the ends were a bit sharp). However at £300 it was a great bass for the money. Only sold it because I had other (much more expensive) basses that did the same job which I enjoyed playing more.

[quote name='patrikmarky' timestamp='1374141422' post='2145662']
Anyone got a traben bass...some look stunning but as we know looks can be deceiving...
[/quote]

I had one of these - I don't think they were deceiving anyone with the looks :)

http://www.trabenbass.com/bootsy_star.php

Edited by molan

ihad an array attack for a while, it looked the business but never felt right and there was an oddness to the sound of the neck pickup, i dont think it was the pickup itself but more the positioning and the way it mixed with the bridge one.
i really wanted to like it but overall i wasnt impressed, my cousin actually had 2 he loved the spalted maple array but felt the same as i did about the array attack (which he bought at the same time as me).

Edited by winterfire666

I have a John Moyer Signature 4 string, it's ok, fairly great for its price but it doesn't set the world on fire, the neck was too thin width wise and too pointed at the back for my tastes, the pre-amp is way, way too bass-y for me too, it just became about the rumble and no tone or definition then if you began rolling the bass off it'd just be weak in sound and volume.

Originally though I loved it, just guess once I began to look for a new bass and played some in shops, playing my traben just brought all my gripes and dislikes to the front of my mind as I kept dreaming of the Ric I eventually bought :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1374157157' post='2145914']
I had one of these - I don't think they were deceiving anyone with the looks :)

[url="http://www.trabenbass.com/bootsy_star.php"]http://www.trabenbas...bootsy_star.php[/url]
[/quote]

If I ever find the 5-string version of that I'll snap it up in a flash!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1374253199' post='2146957']

If I ever find the 5-string version of that I'll snap it up in a flash!
[/quote]

It actually sounded good - all those pickup options and multi-switching are a bit confusing but once you got the hang of them it was great fun to play :)