Why become a member? ×

Simone Butler - Primal Scream

miles'tone

Just been watching Primal Scream's full Glastonbury set which I thought was great, Simone Butler is doing a brill job at filling Mani's shoes full time. She a good fit for the band and seems to be taking it all in her stride, very pro.
But where has she come from? Anyone know of any other bands she's been in or work she's done?
She's also been gigging one of the coolest looking Precisions I've ever seen.
Here's the Glasto set...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0dFLjWJnr0

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

Apparently Bobby Gillespie didn't even know where she came from . She just turned up at the audition , impressed them and got the job . She had in fact previously played with band from London called Yellowire . Never heard of them myself , to be honest .

Fair play to her then, what a gig to walk into eh?
I've read that she worked in the past with Scream's guitarist Barrie Cadogan at Vintage and Rare Guitars on Denmark St, so there's her in.
(Wonder if she got her stunning vintage P-bass working there - perks of the job? ;))

Guest markinthegreen

Im surprised no one recognises her from the Bass Cellar on Denmark St, She worked their for years. I got a couple of basses off her.

[quote name='markinthegreen' timestamp='1373918351' post='2143211']
Im surprised no one recognises her from the Bass Cellar on Denmark St, She worked their for years. I got a couple of basses off her.
[/quote]

Bought my 1st amp off her a few years ago.......a 2007 Markbass CMD 121h (which might be up for sale if anyone's interested ;-)

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1373899649' post='2142848']
To go along with her talent she's also much easier on the eye than Mani ;)

*sorry Mani if you're reading
[/quote]

Aw, poor Mani.
You'll have him sobbing into his toby jugs with that one.
(Doubt he'd argue with you there though!) ;)

Edited by miles'tone

And here are her top ten favourite bassists! :D
[url="http://louderthanwar.com/top-10-bass-players-by-primal-screams-new-bassist-simone-butler/"]http://louderthanwar.com/top-10-bass-players-by-primal-screams-new-bassist-simone-butler/[/url]

[/quote]

Oh, that Simone? That's really good news in that case, she was the most pleasant and helpful person in that shop by a million miles and it's good to see her having some success.

I've just had another look and I can confirm that she is indeed very lovely . Are you trying to tell me that there are actually women like this working in guitar shops nowadays ? I find it hard to believe . All I ever seem to get greeting me are overweight roadie - type men with a surly attitude and personal hygiene problems

Edited by Dingus

[/quote]
I too have been served by her when shopping in Denmark Street! Would you Adam & Eve it!

[quote name='Jah Wibble' timestamp='1373918764' post='2143219']
Bought my 1st amp off her a few years ago.......a 2007 Markbass CMD 121h (which might be up for sale if anyone's interested ;-)
[/quote]
[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1373994427' post='2144024']
Oh, that Simone? That's really good news in that case, she was the most pleasant and helpful person in that shop by a million miles and it's good to see her having some success.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1374012150' post='2144320']
I too have been served by her when shopping in Denmark Street! Would you Adam & Eve it!
[/quote]

Once again , I seem to have missed out :( .

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1373918185' post='2143203']
Yeah, she was great there. That's a really good set they have. Love Swastika Eyes and Come Together especially.
[/quote]

Swastika Eyes sounds great on that video. I saw Primal Scream just after XTRMNTR came out and they were absolutely incredible. The new stuff just seems a bit tame in comparison. :(

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1374045391' post='2144478']
Just to let you all know there is a pleasant, attractive girl that works in PMT in Leeds :)

This thread is getting all a bit 70's sitcom now ;)
[/quote]

Well to bring it back to 2013, (which is also the title of the great track that opens the new album :)), I will say that it's a shame we won't hear her own creative voice for a while as she joined the band to tour the new album after More Light was completed.
She can definitely rock live so it will be interesting to see what she comes up with in the studio.
I just hope they don't leave it five years again between albums!

Edited by miles'tone

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1374045391' post='2144478']
Just to let you all know there is a pleasant, attractive girl that works in PMT in Leeds :)

This thread is getting all a bit 70's sitcom now ;)
[/quote]

I'm sure she would thank you for that endorsement ( unless you are in fact her , in which case I salute your positive self - image ) .

My life is a bit 70's sitcom . I could do some mother- in -law jokes , if you like. :lol: