Why become a member? ×

Daft Punk - "Get Lucky" - Bass Cover

TorVic

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1373822188' post='2141961']
I can't believe how some people have to crap on anything anyone presents here. Like it. Critique it. Or move on. They have to find SOMETHING to put down, I guess so they can feel better about themselves. There's no need to post Victor Wooton doing something similar. There's no need to comment on the fact that you don't like "that particular type of thing." It's like being a guest in someone's home and criticizing the food and drink they offer you. Be a little f*cking gracious. Geez, how petty. And I see it here A LOT.
[/quote]

It's todays society, where everyone seems to seek acceptance by posting their "life" on the t'interweb. If this guys prepared to put himself out there on the public domain, i.e. video himself and put it on Youtube then he has to be prepared for the bad as well as the good. He seems a decent player but I'm one of those in the "that did nothing for me" camp.

Strange... I don't see someone posting their life on the interweb. I see a guy sharing a video of himself playing bass.

Probably because he thought it might be a good way to find an audience for his music. In much the same way as musicians traditionally do by playing gigs and putting out releases.

Surely all performers are seeking some form of 'acceptance'... no? Anyone who says otherwise is probably fibbing ;)

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1374047780' post='2144502']
It's todays society, where everyone seems to seek acceptance by posting their "life" on the t'interweb. If this guys prepared to put himself out there on the public domain, i.e. video himself and put it on Youtube then he has to be prepared for the bad as well as the good. He seems a decent player but I'm one of those in the "that did nothing for me" camp.
[/quote]

I think that ^^^ is the quintessential bollocks remark. It's an excuse to slam someone and nothing more. It tends to come from people who resent someone else doing something when they don't. Or can't.

I think it's fine if it doesn't move you. Critique it. Make suggestions or recommendations if you think of ways it can be better. Post your own version. But don't hind behind the "if you put it out there you have to be willing to take criticism" banner. That's lame.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='grunge666' timestamp='1374013151' post='2144335']
I saw this last week and posted it on my FB wall - thought it was brill.
I'd have a go at something like this but, know it'd end up sounding like I'd dropped the bass down a flight of stairs!
[/quote]

Lol!!!

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1373833596' post='2142126']
It's also amazing that people judge someone solely by what they do on one pice. "Oh, he's [i]THAT.[/i] "

That's so unfair and so short sided. The guy did a nice job. MAYBE he's not great at other things. MAYBE he plays the most wicked groove you'll ever hear. Maybe he sings his ass off. Maybe he's a lousy golfer. All that stuff doesn't matter. He's not selling a used car. It was a presentation of art. Lighten up.
[/quote]

You know.....I'd probably guess this boy can play a bit.....

Just read 2 pages of jealousy in my opinion.. Just saying like.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1395863066' post='2407400']
Credit where credit's due. The boy can play but give me the tone of a beautiful double bass playing a few notes over this any day of the week. That goes for Victor Wooten too.
[/quote]

Yeah, agreed.