Why become a member? ×

Newbie here

Vanon

Hi all,

I've not posted on here before but have been studying the forums fairly intensively so thought I'd say Hi.

I'm one of the nutter types that likes to drag an upright and an electric to the same gig and up until recently was playing in a rhythm & blues, boogie woogie and rock'n'roll covers band. Great fun for a complete novice on upright!

It was the great threads on technique and kit for the upright that drew me to this site. I got me a £300.00 piece of firewood about a year ago and surprised myself by actually managing to make a passable sound out of it (once I'd discovered FDeck's pre-amp which reduced the feedback no end!!).

I guess it's customary to mention kit at this stage no? Not sure but here goes:
Danelectro Longhorn, cheapo double bass with FDeck Pre, ebs classic rackmount pre-amp into the effects return of an Ashdown ABM II 500 C210-T combo.

Anyhew, thanks for all the great advice threads. Keep up the great work - I will be scouring these threads for a cost effective doubling rig very soon I think!

Oh, and I'm a 30-something short and tubby bloke from the Cambridge area if that makes any difference? :)

Hey Vanon,

Welcome!
I was tubby too, but in a streak of genius sold my Ashdown combo. These days the fat just runs off. It's the only way I can keep hiding behind my rig on stage. 212s will do that for you.

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

Just thought I`d say HI Vanon :crigon_04:
I guess I`m a little "Tubby" these days too round the waist, but at 41 I blame middle age spread :P

Welcome to the forums, I only joined up a few days ago and everyone has been VERY helpful and as a shout out to Stingray Pete, he was super generous and offered to set a bass up for me for free :D