Why become a member? ×

Back after 21 years..

Ticktock

Been lurking, nice place this.
Played bass in a " Heavy metal on drugs" band in early 90s and left and gave up playing bass. Got a call to come and play if I still had a bass a couple of months ago....here I am, mid 40s, back playing again and really loving it. Then a mate of mine asked me to play with him (drums) and the guitarist from my old band. Even more fun, real chemistry and I was high on the buzz afterwards. Really made me up my game ( no chops and fuzzy brain and fingers notwithstanding). Now I have a bad attack of GAS but no money. Still playing my Hohner jack headless 4 string and got a zoom b1x so I could play at home without waking the kids. Total introvert but never had a problem going on stage, we practiced 4 nights a week back then. Tight as a gnats chuff and we had a drum machine instead of a drummer. Now I am playing with a great drummer and it is a completely new world to me.
Excited, me? You bet.
Stay at home Dad and now off to get kids some lunch.

Hey Ticktock,

Lovely intro. Welcome to the fold!
I'm sure you'll have a great time here, seeing as you suffer from the same SWS as the rest of us.
Wish you a speedy recovery!

best,
bert,
Ad hoc administrator,
European Slim Wallet Syndrome Sufferers Organisation