Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Electra basses .....

Adee

Whats happened to the Sandberg Electra range, I've not seen one anywhere and also not seen
many comments from people who actually have one !

They had an buzz about them before they were released but now nothing, also not seen a used one
come up in the market place either ....

I guess the only argument is that a new Electra is around the price of a used 'proper' Sandberg
orrrrrrrrrr is it that the lack of decent colours available? Turdburst isnt too everyones taste !

Would still like to try one though

Too few colours and haven't been out for very long.
I was interested in the TT one but they loses appeal with me by using standard dual pole piece pickups (over there original Delano pickup design used on the main line basses) and the fact I don't want turdburst or discharge beige.

Great value basses I am sure though, but when you can pickup a used USA fender for less then the Fender is going to win.

Would still like me a California TT someday.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1373221426' post='2134972']
Great value basses I am sure though, but when you can pickup a used USA fender for less then the Fender is going to win.

[/quote]

yeah, you can put any new bass against a second-hand one and say it's not as good a value. Comparing new vs new or used vs used would be a bit more fair.

[quote name='such' timestamp='1373521536' post='2138489']

yeah, you can put any new bass against a second-hand one and say it's not as good a value. Comparing new vs new or used vs used would be a bit more fair.
[/quote]

All true, I was merely saying that something more popular is more readily available and cheaper, it's no surprise they haven't really taken off here in the UK.
In the EU they are probably fairing a lot better.