Why become a member? ×

Bass Centre

Count Bassy

I just thought I'd pass this on as most of the threads on the Bass Centre see to be negative.

You may have read my thread a week or so ago about dead spots/strings, which turned out to be a duff string.

Anyway, I e-mailed the bass centre (it was one of their Elite strings) asking if I could buy a single E string from them, as on the web site they only seem to do sets. They e-mailed back saying they'd send me one for free. The new string arrived this morning and works fine.

This may seem just like normal customer service, but I did make it clear to them that I had actually bought the set over six months ago, and not directly from themselves, and that I did not have any receipt or anything, so I think that deserves a big thumbs up to them.

Clive

I never had a problem with the Bass Centre, they always went the extra mile for me and often did things to help me out that went far beyond what anyone could reasonably expect!

Find it difficult to understand why so many people here are so negative about the place

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='214325' date='Jun 7 2008, 01:25 PM']Personal experience I expect.[/quote]

Yes, that and the quality of staffing over the years IME
And i have had good and bad experiences with them so while i would use them again i find i just dont have to.