Why become a member? ×

Matamp Customer Service

Billy Apple

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1373190359' post='2134431']
Bump because this is a brilliant thread, and here is a photo of Happy Jack with his new Matamp, taken at the Junkyard Dogs' gig last night. The amp (as well as the bass and cabs!) sounded awesome :gas:

[/quote]

OMGOMGOMG - a Matamp on top of two Barefaced! Thats got to be absolute heaven! Jack must be Happy indeed!

For the top end, you might be able to give the Matamp lads a call and get them to change the tone caps and / or alter the gain of the input stage. They should be able to make you the exact amp youre after.

If you do, bring hobnobs.

The "solution" to the toppy problem turned out to be outstandingly simple ... roll off the volume on the bass, which takes with it a fair bit of treble.

I played with my bass volume on about half, which also allowed me to turn up the amp to [i][b]higher [/b][/i]than the very first notch. :lol:

Astounding sensation, I played the whole gig wrapped in rich, creamy bass but without being unpleasantly loud.

Too knackered to write more just now ...

My settings on Saturday, playing through a Barefaced stack of Midget + Compact (no tweeters):

[URL=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/h4ppyjack/media/Equipment%20and%20stuff%20CURRENT/Matamp_zps76e8c9ce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Equipment%20and%20stuff%20CURRENT/Matamp_zps76e8c9ce.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1373645657' post='2140176']
Are the depth and drive knobs actually rotary switches? Billy, did I play your rig at a bass bash the other year?
[/quote]

The depth and drive knobs notched. Depth is a tone switch, bassiest to the left, trebliest to the right. The drive is a pre-amp gain, increasing to the right. The new GT200 might have this on a smooth pot.

I had my rig at last years SE bass bash, but alas it was not working, for the reasons explained in the OP. :)[size=4] [/size]