Why become a member? ×

Esh Various 4 "SOLD"
£750

Pinball

[i]SOLD[/i]

The Esh is back up for sale as I need more cash (don't seem to have enough these days :) )

To be honest I don't know much about it's history but I was told it was produced just before the company changed hands in the early 2000's.

The controls and pup set up are unusual. It has 4 pots. One volume, one tone, one with several "[color=red][size=4]Esh[/size][/color]tronic" sound options and one with pickup combinations. With some of the pup combinations you get very little or no tone control due to the [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]preizo (hope I's spelling that right). The other settings use the "[color=red][size=4]Esh[/size][/color]tronic system" and vary the tone quite a lot. with passive/active/recording etc. There are a lot of variations.[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]The body finish is also interesting. It has a nice flame maple front but the edge has what I believe is a sandblasted finish so that the ash? wood grain stands out. Run you finger down the edge and it feels corrugated. Construction is good and solid. [/color][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828] [/color][/font] one of my lighter basses

Here on some pics, PM me if interested
[attachment=142755:ESH.JPG]

[attachment=142756:ESHbod.JPG]

[attachment=142757:ESHhead.JPG]

[attachment=142758:EshBK.JPG]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1372238912' post='2123139']
Lovely looking bass - I presume it does all the stuff Sandbergs are renowned for...
[/quote]
Yep certainly does, it's not just a looker. It's a serious bit of kit and a nice tactile instrument.

I've played this bass and it's lovely, really lovely. Got to admit to a bit of lust for it myself but I'm skint. It would easily replace both of my Tanglewaters hands down. It would easily replace my entire collection actually!

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1373009327' post='2132647']
Can't believe the Panther hasn't sold yet! Hope if goes soon so you can get whatever you're lusting after. A cliché I know, but if it was a 5er..... :D
[/quote]
[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1373052171' post='2133320']
Someone buy this please, I'm googling prices for selling kidneys...
[/quote]
Thanks TR. probably just bad timing. I checked on ebay and the cheapest used Sandberg (ignoring Sandberg designed Corts and their starter range). I may have to resort to that. If I can get my £650 I'll be happy. Strangely since putting this up for sale because I wasn't playing bass I may be playing a bit of bass after all :)

I still need to generate cash though so it has to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you, it is beautiful :D

and since the original post I have started playing it again ...but I still have too many basses so it is still for sale.

Edited by Pinball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...