Why become a member? ×

June/July Mix Competition - THE RESULTS!

Skol303

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1376136497' post='2170069']...should only take about... 6/7 hours?[/quote]

Welcome to the 17th century..! :mellow:

We're way out in the 'sticks', in rural France, and had 64kb speed for yonks, until the local authorities decided in their wisdom to invest in high-speed. Despite our distance from the nearest repeater, we have a pretty decent speed now (the 'zip' file took about 20 minutes...). My sympathies, then...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376138050' post='2170092']
Welcome to the 17th century..! :mellow:

We're way out in the 'sticks', in rural France, and had 64kb speed for yonks, until the local authorities decided in their wisdom to invest in high-speed. Despite our distance from the nearest repeater, we have a pretty decent speed now (the 'zip' file took about 20 minutes...). My sympathies, then...
[/quote]

GAH! Lucky you!

Talk-Talk have said there's a fault in the area, although I very much doubt that. It's just crap service.

What an amazing track to work on; thanks Si! Can't wait to add in the other BVs. This will be my first proper outing with Logic X, and I have to say the revamp makes it sooo much more user friendly. :)
What's the deal with the pretty vs correct keys, and YLS vs missing overhead? Am I missing something?

Any chance of getting the lyrics at all..? I'm sure I'm missing part of the 'feel' of the song for not being able to catch it all, and it would help (me, at least...) better interpret what's required. Can it be done, please..? Pretty please..?

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376225496' post='2170954']
Any chance of getting the lyrics at all..? I'm sure I'm missing part of the 'feel' of the song for not being able to catch it all, and it would help (me, at least...) better interpret what's required. Can it be done, please..? Pretty please..?
[/quote]
Hello dad. If you solo the lead vocal track the lyrics are very easy to hear mate.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376236337' post='2171132']
Hello dad. If you solo the lead vocal track the lyrics are very easy to hear mate.
[/quote]

Glad for you, old son, glad for you. Meanwhile, my old cloth ears can't pick up the subtleties behind the vocal gymnastics, and it's a bit frustrating. Old age is the problem, not the performance, or the recording. We'll discuss again in 30 years time, perhaps. :unsure:
I'll repeat the request, whilst thanking you for the suggestion. I think the modern expression would be "My bad...". :blush:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376242502' post='2171222']
Glad for you, old son, glad for you. Meanwhile, my old cloth ears can't pick up the subtleties behind the vocal gymnastics, and it's a bit frustrating. Old age is the problem, not the performance, or the recording. We'll discuss again in 30years time, perhaps. :unsure:
I'll repeat the request, whilst thanking you for the suggestion. I think the modern expression would be "My bad...". :blush:
[/quote]Gimme 15 mins.

You look so good tonight
I forgot to breathe

You look so good tonight
Keep your hands at your sides
Did you leave something on
I can feel something burn

At six o'clock I thought
At six o'clock I thought of your face
I got my fingers caught
My fingers caught in my knicker lace

Something's not right tonight
Some consolation
Something's not right tonight
You're a man, you're
Not a child
Not destroying a star
You're destroying a constellation

You're weaker than I thought
You're weak and I'm starting to shake

I haven't got an eraser
In case we make a mistake

Tomorrow you'll wake
With head and heart ache
Lungs right out of air
Breathe in the breath
that I forget to take

In your big grey eyes
I can see the wires
You got bored of nice
Your striking matches don't set
me on fire

Higher, higher, higher ..

Lyrics and music copyright Kit Richardson 2011

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376247119' post='2171313'] [i]Sounds of faster foot tapping, less rhythmically.[/i].. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Sorry old bean, had a table booked for dinner, see above :)

Couldn't get one word, sounds like hadn't or haven't but you'll get the gist.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376251893' post='2171396']
Sorry old bean, had a table booked for dinner, see above :)

Couldn't get one word, sounds like hadn't or haven't but you'll get the gist.
[/quote]

Apology accepted, and a low bow for your sportsmanship. Many thanks, much appreciated. B)
No, It's not quite the text that I had captured :huh: , so I'm glad I asked.

PS: Sounds like 'With head and heartache' to me ([i]but then again[/i]...)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376253453' post='2171436']
Apology accepted, and a low bow for your sportsmanship. Many thanks, much appreciated. B)
No, It's not quite the text that I had captured :huh: , so I'm glad I asked.

PS: Sounds like 'With head and heartache' to me ([i]but then again[/i]...)
[/quote]

You're right! headache and heartache. Nowt wrong with your ears is there! Interpret that line in a way that makes you happy :D

What an absolute pleasure this song is! Don't really need to mess about with "fixing" stuff on this one! Even just setting the levels right, it sounds good enough. I really don't know what I could do to make it much better, but I've added an amp sound to the bass, just to beef it up, compression on some tracks.