Why become a member? ×

Are people THAT skint at the moment!?

Pembo

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1370159839' post='2096971']
Not only "collection only" the ebay listing finished at a time when a significant majority of people interested in guitars and band music are out, so a very bad time to finish your listing.

[/quote]
Yep - dumb as mud

I'd also add from a sales perspective as it's my job, that its tough out there and you need to know your market, and be realistic about prices....nearly everyone has access to the 'tinternet' so best price shopping is easy to do...I have had customers come from Wales, Scotland, even Germany and Spain for car sales, secondhand stock and the cheaper end of the market under £5K etc...but they ain't gonna travel for an overpriced car.

Everyday on fleabay and often on here too, there are some bass's on offer than aren't far off a brand new delivered price to be worth the risk of a s/h punt....they aren't new no matter how little played, could be unwrapped and hung on a wall but they still aren't new, they are secondhand, previously owned with no puka warranty etc or brand new bass feely good warmth. Don't get me wrong I've bought lots of s/h bass's but it's hard to beat that nice new smell and feel of a virgin bass.

...case in point bass at moment.....no mention of how old, no mention of how many previous owners, unknown strings etc. Granted, it's still a stunning looking thing, but at the asking price and with the addition of a bit of [u][b][i]properly[/i] [/b][/u]insured PnP I could buy new and delivered for maybe less than £20 more.... and that's without being cheeky and asking for a deal over the phone on the new one....what would you do?

....many more other cases of well priced bass's on here (not so many on fleabay!) that sell promptly....'tis a buyers market and will be for a while yet.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370127095' post='2096860']
About five years ago you could buy these basses new for £200 , so the seller might not be losing that much in the scheme of things .
[/quote]

this - i got my TRB1004 on evilbay a couple of years ago 380 compared to RRP of 800 - similar sort of percentage without bothering to get the calculator out by the looks of it :)

oh and it was essex too - maybe its an essex bargain thing :D

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1370416788' post='2100408']
Everyday on fleabay and often on here too, there are some bass's on offer than aren't far off a brand new delivered price to be worth the risk of a s/h punt....they aren't new no matter how little played, could be unwrapped and hung on a wall but they still aren't new, they are secondhand, previously owned with no puka warranty etc or brand new bass feely good warmth. Don't get me wrong I've bought lots of s/h bass's but it's hard to beat that nice new smell and feel of a virgin bass.
[/quote]

This.

"I only bought this last month and its only been played twice, so I'm asking 95% of the new price".

Ummm....howsabout no? Secondhand and in mint condition is still secondhand. Price it accordingly. :) I've seen a few sellers on here guilty of that as well. :(

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1370426591' post='2100555']
Saw a USA SUB Sterling go for £230 on eBay last night, crazy.
[/quote]

flipside is I saw a Sterling Ray 4 Sub (the cheapest one) make £236 plus postage of £20....so £256 all in.....new ones can be bought for £270 delivered :blink: :D

I don't think people are too skint. I sold my Warwick Thumb last week, only took a couple of days and was very surprised at the amount of enquiries i had considering the slow market.

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1370454730' post='2101248']
flipside is I saw a Sterling Ray 4 Sub (the cheapest one) make £236 plus postage of £20....so £256 all in.....new ones can be bought for £270 delivered :blink: :D
[/quote]
Who was selling them for that price?

I've had a good search on the net but can't find any under £289 plus postage.

Edited by BetaFunk