Why become a member? ×

Would you be friends with the people in your band if...

MacDaddy

I've recently (well, couple of months ago) joined a band with a couple of old school/college friends. All been in various bands before, but first time all together.. Drummer and Guitarist. Had never met the singer before, until my audition. Still not sure what to make of him tbh, ego beyond words - but he can sing pretty well for our style (hard rock/sleaze) Maybe time will tell?! (fingers crossed)

The band I`m in at the moment is not enjoyable as I don`t like the singer. He is so full of bullsh*t, not a very good singer and he is doing my nut in. But we have some gigs booked so I will bite my tongue but after that, either he is off or I am as I cannot be in a band with people I dislike.

I have a couple of friends from other bands I have played in I still keep in regular touch with and I find that my "social circle" are all musicians (or drummers!).

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1369832965' post='2093194']
Well, there's my problem right there.
I can't abide work, and many of my "colleagues" are simply Satan's apostles in disguise.

By the time I'm done at work,
1) There is no time
2) I'm utterly "peopled-out"

So I just can't commit to this band stuff.

In the past, I have generally found the drummers to be the good guys. With the odd notable exception.
[/quote]
This could have been written by me. :)

I agree with the drummers being the good guys - the people I'm still in touch with from old bands are all drummers.

Keyboard players are by far the worst in my experience - arch ***** every last stinking one of them.

Said it before, but I've always had the best contact with drummers.
Then again, I'm a keyboardist, so this is probably just the ravings of a madman.

I have been friends with other band members both before, while and after, but it's simply down to compatibility.

best,
bert