Why become a member? ×

Basschat New Music Challenge - TIME TO VOTE!

Skol303

It's time to vote in this month's composition challenge!

30 minutes or so of new music for your delectation. Think of it as being like the mid-week version of Jules Holland, crossed with the X-Factor and some kind of Medieval wrestling pit (that's really selling it to you, isn't it?).

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/208538-may-composition-competition-voting-time/"][size=6][b][color=#FF0000]VOTE HERE[/color][/b][/size][/url]

Do it now. No really. Now.

It is dreadful that so few people have taken the time to listen and vote.

I for one always enjoy listening and voting and will at some point join in myself!!

It's always lovely to hear the exceptional talent of basschatters (and there is a lot of talent, which is one reason why I haven't entered yet as I have none!)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1369609811' post='2090925']...Think of it as being like the mid-week version of Jules Holland, crossed with the X-Factor and some kind of Medieval wrestling pit (that's really selling it to you, isn't it?)...[/quote]

I hope, for the sake of the British economy, that you're not involved in any commercial role..? You certainly have a knack, the gift of the gab, the 'Jonah' touch..!

Bump, just the same: For anyone who hasn't listened to these compositions...

When you vote...

1 - Your erections will last twice as long (for the males amongst you...)
2 - Twice as many gigs over the next year...
3 - Contracts with major record companies are assured
4 - Ped sleeps sounder in his hammock...
5 - I don't personnally come round with a baseball bat to 'tickle' you...
6 - Doubles your chances of winning the lottery.
7 - Breast size doubles (for the ladies out there...)...

...so come on, get voting NOW..!

I said 'NOW..!', so jump to it, you lazy bunch of undernourished vermin...

There, that's how it's done. Watch the counter, lads (no, don't thank me, I'm only doing my duty... :blush: )

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1369908958' post='2094229']I for one always enjoy listening and voting and will at some point join in myself!![/quote]

Thanks SpaceChick! You, Nige, Douglas, Dave... you all show plenty of support for what goes on in the Recording forum, so a MASSIVE thanks on behalf of everyone.

Nige and Dave often roll up their sleeves and get stuck in - it'd be great if you had a go at it too. No pressure... ;) It's about time we had some "sisters doin' it for themselves" in the monthly challenges. Might be a good excuse to record something with that new bass you've bought (yes, nobody escapes the GAS Police).

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1369909737' post='2094250']...so come on, get voting NOW..! I said 'NOW..!', so jump to it, you lazy bunch of undernourished vermin...[/quote]

Thanks Douglas! I like your sales pitch - much better than mine. And cheers for your unfailing support. I doff my cap at you, sir :D

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1369911301' post='2094285']silly busy again, managed to squeeze in the mix comp last thursday night and voted there. Hoping to grab a spare half hour in the next day or so to do this one as well.[/quote]

Cheers Dave! Hope the house move is going alright mate.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1369915417' post='2094374']
Cheers Dave! Hope the house move is going alright mate.
[/quote]

Ages to go yet... :( Forgotten there was a move at the end of it, there's a general sieving of the enormous amount of stuff we own going on at the moment. Therapeutic, but difficult.
Ta.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1369921705' post='2094484']
Ages to go yet... :( Forgotten there was a move at the end of it, there's a general sieving of the enormous amount of stuff we own going on at the moment. Therapeutic, but difficult.
Ta.[/quote]

I feel your pain mate - I'm doing exactly the same myself at the moment.

Managed to safely stash my record collection with relatives so there's no chance of any vinyl getting purged in the great clean-out. Although back issues of old music magazines might have to go the way of the recycling bin as a compromise. I'm a terrible hoarder - as is Mrs Skol - so it's not an easy process!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1369915417' post='2094374']

Nige and Dave often roll up their sleeves and get stuck in - it'd be great if you had a go at it too. No pressure... ;) It's about time we had some "sisters doin' it for themselves" in the monthly challenges. Might be a good excuse to record something with that new bass you've bought (yes, nobody escapes the GAS Police).

[/quote]

There's GAS police!!! Now I'm scared ;)

I started one at Christmas with the drunk Santa photo entitled "Santa is a bastard" a lamentable tale of a beaten housewife driven to murder her drunken Santa impersonating husband.... It had jingling bells and sampled ding dong merrily on high! But I didn't finish it in time!

Maybe if a photo really grabs me I will have a go.... Although it will be pants.... That said I have had some marvellous help from Stephen on getting set up with recording stuff.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1369923733' post='2094508']
I feel your pain mate - I'm doing exactly the same myself at the moment.

Managed to safely stash my record collection with relatives so there's no chance of any vinyl getting purged in the great clean-out. Although back issues of old music magazines might have to go the way of the recycling bin as a compromise. I'm a terrible hoarder - as is Mrs Skol - so it's not an easy process!
[/quote]

I constantly feel better that Mrs Vader is a far worse hoarder than me. We do have the very helpful advantage that my friend Rowan lives 2 doors up from the new place, and has a converted barn in the back garden where we are stashing stuff. :)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1369926726' post='2094559']
There's GAS police!!! Now I'm scared ;)

I started one at Christmas with the drunk Santa photo entitled "Santa is a bastard" a lamentable tale of a beaten housewife driven to murder her drunken Santa impersonating husband.... It had jingling bells and sampled ding dong merrily on high! But I didn't finish it in time!

Maybe if a photo really grabs me I will have a go.... Although it will be pants.... That said I have had some marvellous help from Stephen on getting set up with recording stuff.
[/quote]
I await your entry with atisipppppppppation, glad to hear you have got yourself setup now, a pleasure to help a fellow basschater,. P.S. The Santa track sounded like it would of been great, would love to hear it if you ever finish it.