Why become a member? ×

instrument security at gigs

KingPrawn

It's a very long time since i did it but i made 2 claims to Endsleigh whilst still with them, one on the property itself (snow coming down off roof ripped the guttering off a bay wondow) and one on contents (dodgy electric blanket burned a hole in my mattress) and both times they paid up no questions asked.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1369758898' post='2092413']
Instrument insurance is like data backup. You don't get to find out if it's any good until you need to use it. By then if it's not, it's too late.
[/quote]
Like yours my cover got so useless it was a waste of time, e&l paid out with no problems on our dog insurance so I don't doubt they would be ok but like you said unless I am playing it then its probably not covered so I ditched it! My new band has got loads of gigs coming in so I might check out that Allianz one too.

Is anyone here insured with the MU? I'm a member only because of the insurance, but if someone has bad experiences about it I'd love to hear about it and maybe change to another company... Also, by the way, some friends of mine got some gear stolen day before yesterday. Seems some scumbags broke into some practice rooms and stole stuff from several bands... :([size=4] Good news is, they didn't seem to know much about gear so they took quite uncommon stuff that could be hard to sell. Hope they catch them that way...[/size]