Why become a member? ×

Greetings from across the pond

tappel

[size=4][font=Arial]Hello,[/font]

[font=Arial]Tom Appel here from Long Island, NY. More specifically, Merrick NY, which is hometown to such luminaries as Lindsay Lohan, Debbie Gibson, Ben & Jerry, Amy Fisher etc. :)[/font]

[font=Arial]I’ve been playing bass since I was a teen, so that means I’ve been playing most of my life (I’m now in my fifties). I play actively in local bars and clubs, as well as the occasional recording project.[/font]

[font=Arial]For a period of ten years, I owned [url="http://bassguitarstrings.us"]bassguitarstrings.us[/url]. I may have sold strings to some of you. Ultimately, I proved to be a poor businessman and I shut down the site last year.[/font]

[font=Arial]Looking forward to reading, and participating in, some valuable bass chat.[/font]

[font=Arial]Tom[/font][/size]

• 3 weeks later...

[size=4][font=Arial]Thanks to all. Allow me to share my gear, as I know how we bass players love the toys![/font]

[font=Arial]Basses:[/font]
[font=Arial]2000 US Fender Precision[/font]
[font=Arial]2008 limited edition G&L L-2000 [/font]
[font=Arial]2012 Lakland Skyline 44-64 Custom (formerly called the Duck Dunn model)[/font]
[font=Arial]Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass with DiMarzio Model J’s (this specimen has a quartersawn neck)[/font]
[font=Arial]2003 Spector Rebop5 with EMG-40DC’s[/font]
[font=Arial]Late 90’s MIM Fretless Fender Jazz with US Fender pickups and super glue finished fretboard[/font]
[font=Arial]1993 Carvin LB70 [/font]

[font=Arial]Amp heads:[/font]
[font=Arial]Genz Benz Streamliner 900[/font]
[font=Arial]Ampeg PF-500[/font][/size]
[font=Arial][size=3][size=4]Eden WT550 (RIP)[/size] :)[/size][/font]

[size=4][font=Arial]Amp cabinets:[/font]
[font=Arial]Both are Avatars (US made and factory direct only to US and Canada)[/font]
[font=Arial]4x10 - 1000 watts at 4 ohms[/font]
[font=Arial]2x10 - 500 watts at 4 ohms[/font]

[font=Arial]Now a pic of the old gray beard. That’s me in the background (playing the Squier). The guitarist in the foreground is Phil Grande who was with Joe Cocker’s band for 7 years.[/font]

[font=Arial]Tom[/font][/size]

Edited by tappel

• 3 weeks later...