Why become a member? ×

Vigier Passion 6 string bass

stitch

Hey,

i'm selling (or trading) my Vigier Passion 6 string bass with Bartollini PU and EQ. The bass is in good condition except for one spot on the top bass strapthingy that hasn't been fixed all too well but nobody sees this when you use a strap. Serialnumber 10, its a bass made in the first year that Vigier started to make 6 strings but it still sounds great. Flamed maple top, whick looks great but i can't seem to take a decent picture of this...

Reason for selling: I can't get used to the 6 strings and would like to go back to 5. I'm willing to trade the bass for a 5 string vigier or i'm selling it for 1500 euro.

More pictures on demand...

I live in Aalst, Belgium but i'm sure we can work something out if there's genuine interest in the bass.

wel, I keep the price rather low because of the "damage" on the strap horn and the fact that the EQ has been changed.

I'm the second owner and i'm afraid the first one f***ed it up if you ask me. He told me he didn't like the Vigier EQ (dumbass...) and so he had it changed to a bartolini EQ. I must say that it does sound very nice (otherwise i would'n have bought it right :) ) but still, i would have preferred the original vigier EQ.

At this moment the knobs are volume, pan between the 2 PU's, bass and treble. I talked to my tech and he told me that it's no problem in adding another knob for the mids (the hole is already there behind the 'white spot' on the pics) so i might do that within a few months.

Just to add, these are fantastic basses - I am the very happy owner of a Vigier Passion III 5 string and I really feel "at home" with it. It has become my number one bass, and anyone who buys this will be very very lucky.

I would buy it myself but I am moving into a new flat in 2 weeks and im tight for cash, good luck with the sale!

yeah, it really are great basses. I fell instantly in love when I bought my Vigier Passion Custom 4 String a few years ago. But I'm afraid Vigier is totally unknown in Belgium and only limited in Holland. Weird I know but they're missing out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Show us some PICS fritz or I don't believe you ;0)

Nice bass Stitch and a fair price. I would like this one but I am just so happy with my current two I don't think another bass is on the horizon for a long time/ever.

Good luck with the sale

ped

• 1 month later...

Hi Fritz, yeah i know you have one. I know quite well as you were the one that got me to check out vigier. In those day you visited the offstage forum quite often too and you played with Tim's Favourite (actually, you rehearsed 60 m from my home :) ).

Ped: thx. It's too bad it's not a 5 string... I'd kill to switch it with a vigier 5 string... So for now: bumb :huh: and like i said: i know it's a fair price but i'm willing to talk about the price, no sweat...

[quote name='ped' post='223999' date='Jun 22 2008, 11:10 AM']Show us some PICS fritz or I don't believe you ;0)

Nice bass Stitch and a fair price. I would like this one but I am just so happy with my current two I don't think another bass is on the horizon for a long time/ever.

Good luck with the sale

ped[/quote]