Why become a member? ×

Far East Fenders...

pazsunday

As per Machines reply, I bought a Fender CIJ P bass off Guitar Emporium (sold on to noirbass on the Forum). I recommend them. Know what they are doing and usually have several in stock as well as ability to import the precise model you want.

[quote name='pazsunday' post='209627' date='May 30 2008, 02:22 PM']I've found one for £255, looks the nuts.

How do they compare to the USA bass?[/quote]
According to most reviews I read before purchasing, the Japanese basses - especially the CIJ not-for-export models - are at least as good quality as their US counterparts (some say even better). The P bass I had from Guitar Emporium was beautifully put together and nice to play - only sold as I had too many basses including two Japanese P basses (the other one is a slightly beat-up white 1990s bass, shown on my signature)!

Word of warning - if its an eBay bass that ships from Japan, not only will shipping add a chunk to the price but you get taxed too so not as much of a bargain as you'd think (same is true for some nice-looking Japanese Fenders listed on eBay that ship from Switzerland which is outside the EU)