Why become a member? ×

Two x 15 inches of loveliness!

MoJoKe

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1369476450' post='2089595']
That a 220 head?
[/quote]

I think it is, and a 404 underneath it I believe.
That was gigging rig for many years, until the 220 went up in smoke, literally, during a gig. Hope the same doesn't happen to yours!

My old 404's still going strong with another BC'er AFAIK.

Its a 220 head, with a 404(1x15) both owned from new, bought 1981 and a 402(2x15) bought on ebay a few years ago with a non working 120 head (sold to Mrfoxen) I think I paid £52 for the 402 and about £440 for the 1x15 and the head. The amp and cab have never let me down in over 30 years and both are almost mint condition, despite quite a few gigs....

I totally agree.

After going down the 12" then 10's route I bought an Ampeg B115E cab, matched it with a Peavey Max 160 head & found the warmth I wanted. The cab is 8 ohm & front ported. MIC of ply it's looks good, is lightweight, on castors & I move & lift it easily with the hinged side handles. The tone is even throughout the frequency range that is to say, to my ears, it doesn't over emphasise any one part of the spectrum.

The ABM115 I sold on was very low biased & I suspect made purposely so to compliment the ABM 210.

My other amp is a Roland D-bass 115 which is a little more versatile but not quite as warm. I have a suspicion that the neo speaker makes the sound a tad more 'cleaner'.

So yes I concur, it has to be 15's.

Edited by grandad

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1369517045' post='2090127']
I like the pairing of two smaller 15" cabs....
[/quote]

Yes, totally agree. The 151 combo and NY151 cab are nice small cabs, and I definitely feel this "smallness" is what is helping to keep the neo speakers nice and tight sounding (the MB Standard 151 sounds [i]completely [/i]different), but still allowing lots of warm bass. Absolutely definitely needs the Gramma pad on hollow stages though!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1369634131' post='2090997']
Another fan of two 15's here as well. I use two BFM Jack 15 cabs and I couldn't be happier.
[/quote]

Did you build them yourself? I just went to his website, he's got some interesting plans there. I'm tempted to have a go at one of his home cinema subs!

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1369733044' post='2091988']
Did you build them yourself? I just went to his website, he's got some interesting plans there. I'm tempted to have a go at one of his home cinema subs!
[/quote]

I have to confess I did not! I plan on building a couple myself in the next few years, but I didn't have the time or tools to do it myself :huh: