Why become a member? ×

Met one of my two heroes last night...

risingson

So cool Steve. Got talking to Simon first, talked about his PSP project with Pino for a bit then he introduced me to Anthony who was just sat backstage, one of the most shy unassuming people I've ever met but probably (IMO) the most accomplished bass player alive today. Baring in mind I'd just watched this guy blast through the most insane duelling with Hiromi and was already gobsmacked, I basically had nothing interesting to say to him and was probably a gibbering wreck! Lovely blokes the pair of them.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1366433723' post='2052562']
They say you should never meet your heroes, because you'll be disappointed and disillusioned, but you were obviously lucky enough to pick a hero that's well grounded, and not someone like Flea, who's bound to be a bit of a diva. Lucky you! :D
[/quote]
I reckon flea would be cool. Fooked up, but in a good way.

I find a lot of top players are cool and just people who really excel in their field...otherwise, why shouldn't they be normal..?
If you mention that you really like this or that piece of work, then they seem to be pleased you liked it.
If you meet heroes, and tell them...without gushing... what a difference they made...how can they be upset about that?

Music is all about inspiring....

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1366433723' post='2052562']
They say you should never meet your heroes, because you'll be disappointed and disillusioned, but you were obviously lucky enough to pick a hero that's well grounded, and not someone like Flea, who's bound to be a bit of a diva. Lucky you! :D
[/quote]

A friend of mine met Flea, he stage invaded at Leeds when he was 17 and gave Tom Delonge a hug, which I don't think he liked very much. Promptly got ejected into backstage where Flea had watched the whole thing, he said he thought it was funny and gave him a backstage pass.