Why become a member? ×

What do you get when you combine a Yamaha TRB with RBX?

Jellyfish

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1369036654' post='2084049']
Get a BBG5 & put RBX 375 pickups on it. Works great!

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/geoffbyrne/media/P1010062.jpg.html"]http://smg.photobuck...010062.jpg.html[/url]

Why can't I post images like I used to?

Oh - I can!! - the one on the right.

G.
[/quote]
Geoff, you should really sell the idea to Yamaha! It looks way better than most of the stuff they came out with lately. I'm sorry but the new Yammies sound weakish compared to their old BB lines. I really miss the BB2005, awesome instrument. 90's TRB's were also excellent. Correction: I like the TRB on the photo as well, is this instrument treated with epoxy?

Edited by Oversoul

The BBG was (is) really tatty - I picked it up real cheap, but with a bit of TLC it has become my 'goto' bass. It playes great & the 'buckers (which I swapped with another forumite) give it a really thick tone.

The TRB1005 is unmodded - I wish the fingerboard were unlined, as the side dots are actually in the fretted positions - something I'd like to correct. I'd really like a plain ebony board, but I probably can't afford the mod.

It has Chromes on it, so it probably won't wear too much, & I can get just enough 'Mwha' off it if I want.

G.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patitucci signature would eventually disappear...I mean JP is a master, but marketing wise, not sure if those basses sell enough worldwide nowadays. The Attitude OTOH, seem to grow into a more interesting bass as years go by. (Still, the old 90's models were also a lot of fun, I played the PJ model with bigger headstock, and it is a lively bass.)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1375454281' post='2161663']
but the build quality is up to Yamaha's usual high standard. [/quote]

That is good to know. I have just ordered a 504 unseen from Germany. Should arrive sometime next week. I do like Yamahas in general.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1375470853' post='2162013']

That is good to know. I have just ordered a 504 unseen from Germany. Should arrive sometime next week. I do like Yamahas in general.
[/quote]

Cool. Do let us know what you think one you've had a play. It's just the body shape I didn't like, probably because I've been playing Bb's for years.

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1375530222' post='2162552']

Cool. Do let us know what you think one you've had a play. It's just the body shape I didn't like, probably because I've been playing Bb's for years.
[/quote]

Yup, will do. I already know I like BB's and RBX's so I have high hopes.
I didn't like the RBX shape for ages, but once I played an RBX270, I bought it as it played so beautifully, and the shape has grown on me since then. I've also always actually thought that the RBX's look better being played rather than on a stand.

Edited by hamfist