Why become a member? ×

Bonjour - I'm a frenchman in the UK

k0brakai

Hello everyone,

My name is Alexis (you can say Alex).
I come from Paris, France, I'm 29.
I play bass for 15 years now, and was in a "heavy music" band wich I toured with for 1 year and a half all over europe and I recently moved to the UK for a new job.
I just wanted to say hi, I don't know anybody here in the UK :( so I thought it would be a good idea to "talk" to some english bass colleagues and share some ideas.

I'm using Sandberg basses (was an endorsee for them), 4 strings mainly but I do own a 5 strings bass, Aguilar Amps (AG500 and DB212) and Ernie Ball strings.

I hope my english is good enough and i look forward to talk to you guys on the forum.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by k0brakai

Hello and welcome to basschat and the UK Alex,

Your English is great so no worries, mine however isnt so bear with me also I'm not English either.
I'm in a 'heavy music ' band with a Frenchman from the south, he sings and brings us cheese at rehearsals....its great if not smelly.
Hope you enjoy your time here at the forum.

Cheers Leen.

'allo 'allo, Alexis,

Lissain vairrie carrefourlie; Aie chelle sé zis ounlie vance: "Bienvenu aux Chats de Bass".
Nous sommes des chats bel modernes et hippes.

Or something.

Enjoy the site!

à la prochaine foie gras,
bert (bertrand)

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='k0brakai' timestamp='1365270705' post='2037514']
Hello everyone,

My name is Alexis (you can say Alex).
I come from Paris, France, I'm 29.
I play bass for 15 years now, and was in a "heavy music" band wich I toured with for 1 year and a half all over europe and I recently moved to the UK for a new job.
I just wanted to say hi, I don't know anybody here in the UK :( so I thought it would be a good idea to "talk" to some english bass colleagues and share some ideas.

I'm using Sandberg basses (was an endorsee for them), 4 strings mainly but I do own a 5 strings bass, Aguilar Amps (AG500 and DB212) and Ernie Ball strings.

I hope my english is good enough and i look forward to talk to you guys on the forum.

Cheers

Alex
[/quote]

Hello Frenchy :)

In the UK, it's polite to greet police officers by lunging at them, shouting a word that begins with C and sounds a bit like funt. :D

Baptism of fire :) If you still want to hang out with us, that's cool :)

See you around :D