Why become a member? ×

Everybody hi how are you?

polyrythmmm

Hi folks, I've moved over from Talkbass since this seems less corporate, and more Eurocentric. Am I right about those things? :)

I'm a despicable-smarmy-Canadian but I live in England.
I keep several basses, including:

79 Rickenbacker 4001 - Burgandy skunk-stripe with badassed bridge (a priceless mod in my opinion)
93 Fender Prophesy III - Neck-through with Ebony fingerboard, and exotic beautiful Bubinga wood body (say it out-loud it's fun: Bubinga!)
TOP SECRET 3rd BASS to be announced in mid April since I am actually in negotiations to purchase him from a BC member, can't take hold of it until I get back off tour, and don't want to attract undo attention to the thing until I get my shot at it :)

Be chatting to you all soon and often!

Poly[attachment=131485:IMG_0419.JPG]

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1364766718' post='2030754']
Hey Poly,

Welcome!
If those English words meant that BC is better, then: "Yes!"

Enjoy your stay, and may it be long.

best,
bert
[/quote]

Ja bert det er helt sant. BC er mye bedre en TalkBass og jeg vil gjerne bli her borte langt tiden...

"Liker du traktorer?" Jeg Elsker Traktorer :)

Probably it is better that I stick to English?

Edited by polyrythmmm

[quote name='polyrythmmm' timestamp='1364780775' post='2030869']
Ja bert det er helt sant. BC er mye bedre en TalkBass og jeg vil gjerne bli her borte langt tiden...

"Liker du traktorer?" Jeg Elsker Traktorer :)

Probably it is better that I stick to English?
[/quote]

Dude! don' encourage him!

Welcome anyway.

Cheers Leen.

Ha! You'd be surprised how good that really was. Perfectly understandable, but easy to see that Google Translate is not a native here.

Actually I couldn't care less about tractors, but it's a long story, part of which is that "tractor" etymologically / instrument historically has connections to "player".

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

Why thank you for the compliment on my burgeoning Norsk skill set. I'll have you know I did NOT employ any translate application, that infantile effort was the result of several years of attentive study. If only my bass playing would respond so well.

I thought you might be familiar with a Norwegian Film: 'United' There is a fairly cool guitar-playing tractor-driving dude hvem vil bli giftet pa grunsbahnen.. Seer på han hvis du vil? My other main resource of Norwegian language is the great literary work: [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u][size=3][url="http://bokelskere.no/bok/ruffen-sjoeormen-som-ikke-kunne-svoemme/195874/"][color=#000000]Ruffen - sjøormen som ikke kunne svømme[/color][/url][/size][/u][/font] :)

Hey Poly,

Oh, yeah. It was seriously good indeed. Only thing that gave it away were the very last words "her borte langt tiden", which, though clear, would have been written as "her lenge".

[quote name='polyrythmmm' timestamp='1364822510' post='2031238']
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u][size=3][url="http://bokelskere.no/bok/ruffen-sjoeormen-som-ikke-kunne-svoemme/195874/"][color=#000000]Ruffen - sjøormen som ikke kunne svømme[/color][/url][/size][/u][/font] :)
[/quote]

Ah! Good. It was sad Ruffen couldn't swim, but, happily, he learnt just in time to be able to help people when things went wrong on the America Line steamer. In addition, whilst everyone was running around in panic and pyjamas, the horn orchestra played old marches, as this tends to help a lot when one is in peril on sea.

b,
b