Why become a member? ×

Off for a glimpse of Beaver...

Muzz

Sooo, the holiday Stateside starts tomorrow, off to South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, so a trip to Beaver Felton's Bass Central is definitely on the schedule, and I wondered if anyone has any wizard wheezes for bass-related purchases to [s]smuggle[/s] innocently transport back to Blighty?

I'm up for anything up to and including a whole bolt-on neck bass (which could be dismantled and split up amongst the baggage - to spread the weight, obviously) - am definitely going to buy a few sets of DR Low Riders, for starters.

Answers on a postcard...all suggestions gratefully received, etc. :D

Have a fantastic holiday - all beautiful States with loads to see . Forget about the bass stuff and concentrate on the barbeque and the babes ! ( unless you are a vegetarian and taking the Mrs with you , in which case concentrate on the basses after all ) . How about something like a MuTron pedal or a nice little outboard preamp from Bass Central ?

It's a family holiday (Mrs and the boy (8) ), staying with friends in SC, driving down to Savannah to watch friend's lad who's playing as an All American for the USA Eagles rugby team, then a week round the parks in Orlando. Three weeks in all, should be able to get a bit of bass in there somewhere - the Mrs even suggested I buy a Sinsonido for the trip... :o

I've heard of people who have simply posted back their purchases via USPS with a fixed value for insurance (USPS limit is $650). Obviously there's an insurance risk though.

Also - Bass Central will negotiate heavily on price. Don't believe their list prices!