Why become a member? ×

Hello from across "the pond"

Redburst

Good morning and welcome! I seem to be the first out of bed today, but as you're several hours behind the UK, you may have already headed for yours...

I hope you can bring a bit of sunshine with you when you post - I've just been watching the weather forecast, and we've got snow on the way over here. :( Looking forward to your contributions.

Edited by lowregisterhead

Hey thanks! (About time you guys woke up! B) )

It SNOWS in England?? I did not know that - Partly Cloudy, about 72-75 Fahrenheit here in La-La land.

Now I have a VERY cool instrument coming in next week I believe.

I will have to post about it, and I am hoping that it will go well!
SOME did not seem to like this particular instrument here!

Dunno Why? :ph34r:

Hello from Poland as well!
I was once in California and, man, I love CA wholeheartedly. The most beautiful place I've seen, suffering a bit from the common belief that this state consists only of San Diego, San Francisco and mostly, LA. My heart stayed in Big Sur, all across from Hearst Castle to Carmel. But I also love those three cities, of course. One day I hope to move to either San Francisco, San Diego or somewhere within LA Metro (Thousand Oaks seem to be a nice spot). Where are you from, precisely?

P.S. It snows as [s]hell[/s] Hoth in Poland.

OK then: FOOD!
First to Tacos Michoacan, for some [i]Caldo De Pollo.[/i]
Lunch?

[i]Ramen[/i] at Kyushu (#7 Pork Cutlet Curry is good)

BBQ at Dr. Hogly Wogly's for the [i]Chicken/Tri-Tip Combo, double side baked beans[/i].

Maybe Dinner at Emle's, full-on menu all home-cooked inexpensive, full Lebanese selections too.

Or Cha-Cha-Cha for the [i]Caribbean Jerk Chicken[/i]

or the Original Khung Dang for great THAI.

Or the Safari Room for a [i]New Yawk Sirloin with stuffed baked potato for $15 inc. soup or salad[/i], make mine medium rare, please, place makes you feel like you're still in the 60's.
Plenty more too.

All within 15 minutes of me in the NW 'burbs of LA

Oh, I almost forgot Siete (7) Mares for the best[i] Camarones Rellenos[/i] you can imagine, with flour tortillas and a cold Cerveza [i]Modelo Negro...[/i]

[i]Ay yi Yi[/i]

• 2 weeks later...