Why become a member? ×

Pedal power

originalfunkbrother

External power supply is a winner. Diago and GigRig would be the best places to start IMO. If certain effects need battery power then again GigRig have you covered. I am slightly biased though as I stopped using batteries a long time ago in favour of power supplies. Simpler to set up and maintain your board.

Once you're done looking at the Diago, go and look at the Johnny Shredfreak power supply. It's the same unit sold under a different brand name at under a third of the price.

I've got one and have used it to power a large board with around a dozen pedals (including thirsty ones like a Line 6 tonecore) and never ran out of juice yet!

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1363941456' post='2019734']
Once you're done looking at the Diago, go and look at the Johnny Shredfreak power supply. It's the same unit sold under a different brand name at under a third of the price.

I've got one and have used it to power a large board with around a dozen pedals (including thirsty ones like a Line 6 tonecore) and never ran out of juice yet!
[/quote]

The Johnny Shredfreak supplies were a bargain, but sadly they're no longer available.

Yep, the Johnny Shredfreak ones are indeed unavailable. Luckily I got one just before they stopped selling! It's worth paying a bit more for the Diago one, as mentioned above it is exactly the same unit. I use mine to run 7 different units at once with a daisy chain and it is literally dead silent, clean power.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1364034231' post='2021045']
I always wondered why they stopped doing them. Perhaps Diago had a word with them, or more likely with the manufacturers if they were originally produced to Diago's spec.
[/quote]

Very likely! Though I bet James at Diago won't be contacting Basschat to get ads removed if somebody sells one on here :lol:

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1364040196' post='2021162']
Have they stopped altogether? That's a a shame if so. I know they went through periods where they didn't always have a regular supply of them but they'd always turn up eventually.
[/quote]

When they stopped selling them at the time there was some story about it being to conform with new EU guidelines and that at some point a redesigned unit would be available to the market. Wouldn't hold your breath as it's been a while, I'd just cough up for the Diago if I were you - I did for my powerstation and 5 years on its still going strong.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1364070682' post='2021687']

When they stopped selling them at the time there was some story about it being to conform with new EU guidelines and that at some point a redesigned unit would be available to the market. Wouldn't hold your breath as it's been a while, I'd just cough up for the Diago if I were you - I did for my powerstation and 5 years on its still going strong.
[/quote]

I've already got one - wouldn't have minded a spare though. Bit of a kicker coughing up £60 for the same box that cost me about £15 first time round though!