Why become a member? ×

Tal Wilkenfeld

Pete Academy

[size=4][quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1363712180' post='2016409'][/size]
This debate has been done before. Connections and appearance can be everything in the music industry, or any industry, irrespective of whether you are male of female. She is a very good player and doesn't deserve some of the flak she gets. However I don't think she deserves the over-the-top extra praise she seems to get on the basis of her being an attractive female. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Personally I find her playing to be a too 'middle of the road' to warrant my attention, but that places her alongside many other very good players that do not interest me in the slightest.
[/quote]

+1.

Do you think she works hard on that smile-while-playing? I can't do it. I've tried. I've been told on numerous occasions that I should smile more because I look like a miserable tnuc. My concentration fails if I smile while playing, it just looks like I'm trying to squeeze out a sneaky guff...

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1363873036' post='2018706']
Dozens of threads on this woman every year, on all the bass forums, with all the participants making more or less the same comments every time and everyone doing their best to point out the bleeding obvious.
[/quote]

plus the one.

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1363873036' post='2018706']
Dozens of threads on this woman every year, on all the bass forums, with all the participants making more or less the same comments every time and everyone doing their best to point out the bleeding obvious.
[/quote]

Well pardon us for daring to have an opinion on something! :(

[quote name='Prunesquallor' timestamp='1363680465' post='2015552']
She has talent in spades. This keeps getting taken down, but we'll see how long this link lasts:
[/quote]

awwww bless, that rig is taller than her :D

Edited by steve-bbb