Why become a member? ×

I hate writing introductions

garry71

but I'll give it a go anyway!

My name's Garry, and I'm from Birmingham.

I first started playing bass in 1979, and gave it up round about 1982/3. I bought another bass 3 or 4 years ago, but can't get back to the same standard I had when I was younger. I've only just started taking an interest in it again really, and am slowly improving.

I have a 1960s Futurama, which was my first bass from'79, and a Yamaha BB 614 from 3 or 4 years ago.
I used to have a Bass Collection 401 active which I won in a guitar magazine in the early '90s, but didn't keep it long as I was skint at the time! Wish I could have kept it, it really was a nice instrument.

Other basses I've had were a Fresher Precision copy which I PX'd for a 1966 Fender Telecaster, and a Tokai Precision which I swapped for a Vox valve amp.

Anyway, that's me, so hello everyone!

Hey Garry, welcome to basschat.

As long as your interested your heading in the right direction so fear not.
A few blasts from the past in your bass list, I too had a bass collection. Not bad i remember. as for the Tokai..... :D !
There are trades a plenty going on in the basses for sale/trade section.

Cheers Leen.

Hey Garry,

Welcome to BC! You're amongst quite many who've returned to the bass after an hiatus, and I've yet to hear about one who couldn't get the chops again, so you're safe.

With your previous experience as a buyer, you'll possibly love the marketplace here. Lots of great stuff going or not going way too cheap.

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert