Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Ashdown ABM500 UK-built SOLD!!!!!
£700

Well I'm not currently using these - my band is all acoustic except for me so my Kickback copes fine - and I've seen something I like, so as long as that's available these will be too, although I reserve the right to withdraw these if circumstances change.

The Compact is an early model but does what it says on the tin. Weight is about 32lbs; it's a one finger lift. ;) Condition is very good, although there are one or two very minor marks and blemishes. Only used in rehearsals and never gigged.

The Ashdown is an old ABM500 but was completely overhauled by Ashdown about a year and a half ago, including fitting a new sleeve as the old one had become somewhat tatty. I can supply the receipts. Since then it's been used twice at open mics for a total of about 5 songs and a couple of times at home, prior to me buying the Hartke. In other words, hardly at all. Prior to the overhaul it served me well and saw off competition from Markbass and Epifani.

Collection is preferred on both or buyer to arrange courier pickup. I don't currently have boxes for either but could probably sort something for the Ashdown; not so sure about the B/F. Happy to discuss options. Cash on collection (at my convenience, obviously) is preferred but could do Paypal. Happy to split. Any questions, just PM me. FWIW the prices are pretty firm at £375 for the B/F and £325 for the Ashdown, but I can discuss.

Edited by 4000

I tried to mount my EVO1 as well.
It is possible to rack mount the ABM but you'd need some kind of support
http://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_rackwanne_3he.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_rackwanne_1he.htm

On the other hand, there is a big screw on the bottom of the amp chassis (holding the trafo)

Anyway, bump for a GREAT amp!

There have been discussions about rack-mounting sleeved amps in the past - The general consensus was that assuming the amp was about the right size, you could mount it under an upside-down rack-mounted shelf, which would then provide the missing sides and top.

David