Why become a member? ×

Favorite rock 'n' roll stories and boogie woogie boasts,

funkgod

[left][b] Favorite rock 'n' roll stories and boogie woogie boasts,[/b]

C'mon let's have them, even if they are your own....
Im sure there is a great book here.

One of my fave rock stories, is when Jeff beck and cozy powell went to Motown to record an album
with some of the funk brothers......

We started playing, it was great. James was locking up with Cozy's drum pattern. Then I looked around — Cozy was wheeling the drum kit out of the studio. They're going berserk. He has moved the sacred Motown drum kit out of the studio and wheeled this stupid double kit of Ludwigs in. The studio tech came up to me and said, "Didn't you guys come in here for the Motown sound?" Yeah. "Well, it just went out the door.
[color=#000000]Read more: [url="http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jeff-beck-on-his-legendary-unreleased-1970-motown-album-20100225#ixzz2NXfoDsSf"]http://www.rollingst...5#ixzz2NXfoDsSf[/url][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000]Wilko Johnson talks about Ian Dury[/color],,,,,,,[/left]
[left][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DgV5t1VkNg[/media][/left]

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1363381356' post='2012239']
Not rock in the musical sense but there is a rock just randomly lying on my girlfriends bedroom floor. No idea how it got there (she doesnt either) but its been there for about 18 months and it feels wrong to move it. Its like having a pet rock.
[/quote]

ah a variation on the old favourite 'brick enlivens dull floor' routine :D

Not rock in the musical sense but there is a rock just randomly lying on my girlfriends bedroom floor. No idea how it got there (she doesnt either) but its been there for about 18 months and it feels wrong to move it. Its like having a pet rock.
[/quote]

Yay! The 80s are back.
:)

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Ahh, i should of known that header would bring the wolves out,
Matthew 7:7= Ask and it will be given to you. :lol:

Edited by funkgod

In Jerry Lee Lewis' autobiography he says that when he was with Sun Records in the early days there were regular parties at the home of someone to do with the studio . One night / early morning he went for a motorcyle ride around the neighbourhood with Elvis . Two bikes , and both of them naked . They managed to lose a policeman chasing them on a horse .

John Martyn and Danny Thompson used to argue and fight off-stage . One morning John woke up in a hotel room to find himself trapped under a rug which had been nailed to the floor leaving only his head exposed . Danny then ordered two breakfasts from room service and proceeded to eat both in front of John before releasing him .