Why become a member? ×

Oops trouble with... can't get a new post up

mybass

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1363268337' post='2010705']
I'm having trouble today getting a new bass for sale post sorted. Every time I get the first line typed
the page reverts back to Basschat's startup page.....anyone else?
[/quote]
Actually, I think it happens when I simply hit the back button to erase a letter or punctuation.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1363270791' post='2010767']
Fee?
I'll have to look into this.
[/quote]
I cannot see anywhere in FAQ and Rules about fees.....all to do with donations if a sale goes through which is what I have done in the past.

IIRC the backspace key shortcut to history.go(-1) is a Windows thing (I haven't really used Windows in years) but it should only apply when a non-editable region of the page is in focus. In other words if you've got a flashing caret in an editable text area the backspace key should not send you back through your browser history.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1363268337' post='2010705']
I'm having trouble today getting a new bass for sale post sorted. Every time I get the first line typed
the page reverts back to Basschat's startup page.....anyone else?
[/quote]

Thanks people...I've now seen the latest info about 'fees'...have to say it sorta crept into the site as I had not noticed it being explained until now.

there were a large number of threads about it, with lots of options discussed, as well as banners of text at the side of the main page. The yearly subscription/one off fee per item was agreed to be the best way to handle the running costs of the site. It isn't all free y'know :)

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1363355680' post='2011708']
there were a large number of threads about it, with lots of options discussed, as well as banners of text at the side of the main page. The yearly subscription/one off fee per item was agreed to be the best way to handle the running costs of the site. It isn't all free y'know :)
[/quote]

Not seen when they were posted, I'm not on here all the time! There still isn't anything posted under FAQs and Rules. I'm sure there will be others not aware of the situ as yet.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1363365505' post='2011937']

Not seen when they were posted, I'm not on here all the time! There still isn't anything posted under FAQs and Rules. I'm sure there will be others not aware of the situ as yet.
[/quote]

Don't worry, there's no difference unless you post something for sale.

Yes pressing backspace will take you back a page in certain conditions as explained above.

Cheers