Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V4 Head (and possibly matching 4x12 cab)

Hi one and all,

Before treading the dreaded EBay route I thought I'd test the water on any interest in my TE V4 head.

A brief history of my situation is that at the ripe old age of 49 I've joined by first band (yes I know bit of a late starter) at the same time my back started playing up, yes I know the age thing again, so with a number of gigs lined up the thought of humping the V4 about doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. The V4 is my pride and joy and I'll hate to see it go but I have to be realistic. I bought a flight case for it so it comes well protected.

I do have the matching 1248H 4x12 cab which I hadn't intended selling but would if a buyer wanted it. I've just brought a new cover for that as well which cost me £40 (excellent quality though).

I've always struggled to get much information on the V4 as mine seems to differ from those which I have seen in reviews. Mine has the vinyl covering and not carpet and on the pre-amp side there is a second gain control which you engage by pulling out the control knob.

If you have any questions with regard the head please feel free to ask but I know that there will be far more kowledgable people in the basschat community than me!

I haven't put any price because I honestly don't know the current value of a V4 therefore I'm open to sensible offers.
Obviously due to its weight it has to be collection only, I live in Tonbridge, Kent.

I've added some pics below (hopefully)
I will be putting the V4 onto EBay soon as I have to sell it soon but I'd rather it went to a basschatter if there's someone who wants it.

(ps had my first gig on Saturday, what a blast!, oh to turn back the clock :)

Edited by Youngatheart

Very nice - I have the V4 manuals and schematics I will upload for you here. I own the combo version which I love to bits, but perhaps a separate head would be better for my back... hmm...

Cheers
ped

[attachment=9047:V_TypeV8V4.doc]
[attachment=9046:V4_service_manual.pdf]

[quote name='Youngatheart' post='206572' date='May 26 2008, 02:36 PM']I haven't put any price because I honestly don't know the current value of a V4 therefore I'm open to sensible offers.
Obviously due to its weight it has to be collection only, I live in Tonbridge, Kent.[/quote]

Lovely amp, I have a V8. I was gigging at Penshurst Place on Saturday night with the V8 in fact. Could have popped in to say hello :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='206690' date='May 26 2008, 05:46 PM']Lovely amp, I have a V8. I was gigging at Penshurst Place on Saturday night with the V8 in fact. Could have popped in to say hello :)[/quote]

Was that in the Medieval Hall? been out there many times through work, what was the sound like?

[quote name='Youngatheart' post='206729' date='May 26 2008, 07:01 PM']Was that in the Medieval Hall? been out there many times through work, what was the sound like?[/quote]
Yes the "Barons Hall" I think - the one with the chestnut arches and octagonal fireplace set in the floor? The sound wasn't brilliant but it was mostly the bass that was reverbing. The layout was dreadful though, they stuck the dancefloor at the other end of the room from the dias we were supposed to play on. Completely ruined the band-audience relationship. We felt like we were a side show.

Thanks for all the responses so far but the V4 hasn't sold yet. Just to confirm I'm looking for £500 for the head and flight case and I'm open to offers on the cab although I can't let the cab go until the head has sold. I need the cash to get a replacement in place.

Cheers

if i wasnt miles away i would have bitten your hand for both of these. incredible amps, why dont all amps have cool features like leds that tell you the tubes are running too hot or cold, or fancy led volume thingys inside?
ah well... my search continues.

Hehe I am still holding out for one to match this:
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/pedullaman/P1180050.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/ped...an/P1180050.jpg[/url]
Even then I don't need it whatsoever, but when has that stopped me?

Cheers
ped

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Phyrexian' post='355030' date='Dec 15 2008, 02:05 PM']Great amp. Even more rare than the V8, I think. I'd want want next to my V8. Or trace my V8 for it even...[/quote]
Bart, I did think that the V4 was the one to go for, only having small gigs and not needing the full 400 watts of the V8 etc, but after chasing V4's, or their non commital owners that is, not having any luck and having to settle for a V8 instead, I am very pleased to have the change of direction. The V8 has a half power switch too, what more could one want, small gigs etc?, well I tried the switch only once and to find it halves that pure valve grunt, I stuck with full power, small gig or not Its on full power for good.
Sean.