Why become a member? ×

SOLD Letts 6 string Fretless PRISTINE
£400

andydye

[s]Kind of a feeler in that I love this bass and it plays really really nicely, I'd just kinda like it to be a slightly shorter scale so it's easier to switch between this and my ACG...that's the only reason for sale!

Spec:
Macassar ebony fingerboard,
AAA flame maple top,
Honduras mahogany/wenge neck and body,
MM pickup
Passive
Vol/Tone
35" scale

Sound:
Perfect fretless! excellent 'mwah' and superbly punchy mids, this is a brilliant bass, the low b is top notch and the high c is very pleasingly matched volume wise to the rest, very sweet indeed!

Feel:
It's so light you almost forget you're wearing it! I'll weigh it tonight to find out but I've never held so light a bass!!

Pics:
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157631997960244/[/media]

Teeny issue:
There's a slight manufacturing issue with the fret markers on the fingerboard above the octave where Jon ever so slightly cut the slots too long for the inlays, he was very apologetic about it and you can in no way feel them when playing, or in fact even see them unless it's pointed out to you! That's why it's so cheap!!

There are no other issues with this bass, it's in precisely the same condition as when it left Jon's garage/workshop!

I will be ordering another Letts to replace this and it will have virtually the same spec (apart from the scale length)

[b]£400 collected[/b]

It will have a decent gig-bag when it leaves me.[/s]

Edited by andydye

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1362753523' post='2004292']
I can't believe it. I would have snapped this had it been on a month ago. I just spent £400 on a bass and am now skint. Gutted.
[/quote]

That's severely bad timing on my part matey, sorry about that!

...for mobile users...I'm in Sheffield

Edited by andydye

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1362753611' post='2004294']
That's severely bad timing on my part matey, sorry about that!

...for mobile users...I'm in Sheffield
[/quote]
Arrrrrggghhhh! I have family in Sheffield too, i go over all the time to watch The Blades. proper wounded!

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1362757640' post='2004380']
Arrrrrggghhhh! I have family in Sheffield too, i go over all the time to watch The Blades. proper wounded!
[/quote]

Lemme know when you're next over here and we can try to arrange for you to meet it if you like?

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1362764743' post='2004548']
Andy, I'm having trouble seeing the pics. Is this the silvery/grey coloured one?

Suddenly wishing I had 400 quid!!
[/quote]

The link doesn't work on mobile sorry guys!

Yep it's the silvery grey one

Edited by andydye

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1362757707' post='2004383']
Lemme know when you're next over here and we can try to arrange for you to meet it if you like?
[/quote]
Aye Lad, will do. I was gonna come watch the game tomorrow but i'm taking the bass i recently bought for £400 back to the shop for a set up. They set it up but i'm not happy with it an i need it ready before i go on a short UK tour in April.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1362776011' post='2004779']
Aye Lad, will do. I was gonna come watch the game tomorrow but i'm taking the bass i recently bought for £400 back to the shop for a set up. They set it up but i'm not happy with it an i need it ready before i go on a short UK tour in April.
[/quote]
Bobbins mate! Hope they sort it for ya!!

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1362847862' post='2005330']
As it's a 10 minute walk from my house, it seems rude not to go and try it out. I just wonder how my tiny girly hands will cope with a 6 string....
[/quote]

Cya tmrw matey!

It's the first 6 string I ever enjoyed playing, it's a really easy neck and my hands aren't over large