Why become a member? ×

Calling Ibanez Experts!

Hutton

Ok chaps. I've been reading about a neck thru bass in the Ibanez range. It's an SRX690DX. However, they do not seem to be in the current Ibaez catalogue. Are the SRX basses available in this country? I can find bits and pieces about other SRX basses but the 690 seems to be a rare beastie. The reason I'm asking is that I may be interested in acquiring a 690.

I've just been onto the USA ebay site and there's none on there either. I'm now getting really curious.

Edited by Hutton

Hi Hutton,

I can't answer your question directly but I've had a similar experience with Ibanez. I was going to a shop to look at an SR500 and next to it was an SR400. I had the current catalogue at the time and there was no mention of the 400 (just went from sr300 to sr500). I ended up liking it and thought i'd save a little money too so bought it from GAK. It was available from a few websites in the UK but had no mention in the Ibanez catalogue.

A quick google search doesnt fill up with places to buy yours from and the ones i found we're USA sites. But in my experience, not being in the catalogue doesnt mean a huge deal. Let us know how you get on with your search!

I owned an SRX 700 in the past that I got off one of the guys on here. Good bass, powerful pickups, 2 band EQ, neck through and a bit of a heavy bugger if I remember right.

Never heard of the 690 but Ibanez have had so many different models out.

[attachment=129062:DSCN2705.JPG]

Thanks yorick. That is the bass indeed. However, I note that it is no longer available on that site and that it is in the USA. It does prove that it exists though. I think I'm now going off the idea of the Ibanez. Too difficult to source.

The SRX690 was part of the first run of SRX models in 2007, and was the top of the line back then. They've discontinued it since. The SRX700 Jezzaboy mentioned above was its successor. There is no high end SRX model in the current range anymore, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've stumbled across this thread as I've been having some trouble too. I ordered an srx360 about a week ago from dolphin but was out of stock. The guy phoned me and asked if I wanted to wait or whatever and I said yeah. I got a bit restless today and got in touch, the guy offered me an srx430 instead as he had one in stock. I've said yes but can't seem to find what the difference is between a 360 and a 430. Looks seems to be all that I can find that's different. Can anyone shed any light? I tried a 360 and loved it but didn't even know the 430 existed!?!?