Why become a member? ×

Queen, another one bites the dust... E or F minor?

iconic

Hi guys, great doc' on Queen last night, wow what a song cataloge they have.

Anyway, I had to have a noodle on another one bites the dust...all the sheet music I've seen for this has it in E minor, but noodling along it sounds closer to F minor to my poor ears....any ideas or is it just my ears? Maybe E 'n a bit minor?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg[/url]

cheers guys

I know know from experience that some bands made very slight alterations to the pitch of a song by varying the master tape speed. Madness are famous for it. Maybe it was just to get the precise "feel" that they wanted? Who knows? In these cases, I use something simple (like Audacity) to correct it.

I'm having this problem with Hendrix - his tuning is generally as flakey as his drug-addled head...

If in doubt, play the 'lower' of the two keys - people react better to slightly flat than slight sharp (something to do with flats being quietly comfortable and sharps being 'jaggy' and difficult)

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1360675288' post='1974319']
And who would have thought that such a simple bass line would make one man so much money. I am led to believe John Deacon has earned a fortune from it with it being used on things like Gladiators etc ( sat night tv not the Russell Crowe epic obviously )
[/quote]
and he can thank Bernard Edwards for the inspiration.

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1360675288' post='1974319']
And who would have thought that such a simple bass line would make one man so much money. I am led to believe John Deacon has earned a fortune from it with it being used on things like Gladiators etc ( sat night tv not the Russell Crowe epic obviously )
[/quote]

That, and 'You're My Best Friend' and 'I Want to Break Free' amongst others. The guy is very deserving of his fortune, a key songwriter in the band at the time.