Why become a member? ×

The boys first bass lesson

Smythe

[attachment=126900:20120908_201636.jpg]Heres a pic of my young lad taking his first bass lesson. He's certainly got a good posture up to now anyways! That bass will also be his when he gets older (Ibanez SRX350) as it served me so well as an introductory instrument.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1360157088' post='1965733']
On the contrary I think it make sense him being allowed to get his little jam/marmite/whatever covered little fingers on the frets that his dad [size=4][b]should[/b][/size] never have to use in real life ;)
[/quote]

Fixed it for ya ;-)

Mine started herself off young -there are pics of her playing my jazz bass at 18 months old, and my prosebass 5 at 2

She has a ukelele and is absolutely entranced by 12 strings but thats as close as she's going to get to the Dark Side.

Granddaughter Amy aged 6 playing her guitar, she started on my bass but me being left handed and my bass being 34" scale proved too much for her so she has her very own 6 string. I'm sure that I don't have to point out that it's pink!

Her brother Thomas, aged 1, decided that she needed some help. This was just before he fell over not having quite mastered the art of staying vertical for long periods of time yet.