Why become a member? ×

Cartoon music - here's one for the Rush fans....

wateroftyne

There was a song done by the band Saga called 'Amnesia' and it had this spoken quote in the middle of it that bugged me for ages trying to work out where it was from and that I'd heard it in my childhood. Turned out it was from the maid in the Tom & Jerry cartoons!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1359716830' post='1959149']
There was a song done by the band Saga called 'Amnesia' and it had this spoken quote in the middle of it that bugged me for ages trying to work out where it was from and that I'd heard it in my childhood. Turned out it was from the maid in the Tom & Jerry cartoons!
[/quote]

Ahh! I love Saga, all these years I thought that they had recorded that themselves!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1359716830' post='1959149']
[/quote]

Ah yes: " it says here that a sharp blow on the head is a sure cure for amnesia; and that's what he's gonna get". I think it's called Nit Witty Kitty

Well you learn something new every day ! I had never heard about this before .

Saga - now ther's a blast from the past . I seem to remember them being Canadian with lots of facial hair and lots of keyboards and very over - complicated song arrangements .

Edit : Just had a listen on YouTube . Saga were just as awful as I remembered them . I expect they did well in Canada and mainland Europe .

[quote name='paulconnolly' timestamp='1359849275' post='1961285']
Saga are a great bad as far as I am concerned. Sorry you don't like them Dingus. Still Canadian but not much facial hair. :-)
[/quote]
[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1359890544' post='1961526']
Saga still are popular in Germany for some reason, the last time I saw them there was a sad lack of facial hair! Great band.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong , my friends , long may Saga continue to please their army of fans Worldwide with their unique brand of prog rock , but they stuck in my mind for being [i] spectaculaly [/i]out of keeping with the musical trends of the late 70s / early 80s , and listening to them again has only reinforced that impression . If Saga are still going then I salute their staying power as a band , and it just goes to show that the best way to avoid going out of fashion is to never be in fashion in the first place . Bear in mind that I have been traumatised by growing up in a household where my older brother listened to The Alan Parsons Project - that kind of abuse stays with you .