Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard Newbie, easy question, with pics...

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1359367387' post='1953485']
Slight hijack, I'm thinking of getting an octaver to go after my bass synth pedal (which does the wobbly LFO thing, so I want the octave after) will this work? Or will it sound shocking?
[/quote]

Personally, I'd put the octaver first & then the synth after to affect the octaved sound. But try it both ways & see what you like.

It depends on the octaver. If you get a Boss OC2, it's monophonic & if you're just using it -1oct with no clean, then you want the synth after it as the -1 oct is a tone generator (it doesn't make the same sound 1 octave down, but tracks the envelope of the sound & generates a tone an octave lower).

OC 3 would suit as it has a direct out for the clean tone (which you woudl take to your synth) and an effect out (which you would sum back to the signal).
There's other octavers that have the same.
I tried it, but prefer having just a -1 octave then into a Bass Murf then dirt then filter & finally chorus (although the wiring is a little more complex).

Pic back on, not sure what happened there, my phoitobucket account doesnt seem top work, so i started with flickr, just as crap, as you can't seem to create albums?

Anyway, here it is again;

I thought i knew what i wanted, but after the last 6-8 posts, I'm more confused! :D More playing with what I have first i think! :P

That space on the right is killing me though! :unsure:

Thanks for all the comments, and help though, been more than helpful.

Rick

Albums on Flickr are called "Sets". click on a pic so it's the only one you can see & then at the top of the pic, click "Actions" & a dropdown will appear.
5th thing down say's "Add to set", click this & name your set. You can then add photos to the set. Hope that helps.

I'd get rid of one of your EQs & add an octaver & a filter. But you're right to play about with what you have just now. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1359398579' post='1954211']
Albums on Flickr are called "Sets". click on a pic so it's the only one you can see & then at the top of the pic, click "Actions" & a dropdown will appear.
5th thing down say's "Add to set", click this & name your set. You can then add photos to the set. Hope that helps.

I'd get rid of one of your EQs & add an octaver & a filter. But you're right to play about with what you have just now. :)
[/quote]

Fixed. Many thanks! :D

Yeah, I'm gonna have a play around with 'em, see what suits. They'll probably be on ebay after a month!! :lol:

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1359528377' post='1956085']
Still can't see the pic!
[/quote]

Photobucket site seems to have been crashed for the last month, Flickr images posted only last 24 hours before disappearing, who knows why??? :unsure:

It would appear from other posts that picture uploading is still a major issue on this site, I'm sure the powers that be are doing all they can?

I've never had any trouble with pics & there's proof in the photography threads. But I think I know what it might be...

Did you put the Flickr URL in the picture link (by clicking on the wee box & then pasting the code in)?
If so, that might be the problem.

If you take the BBCode from "share" (on your Flickr page image) & then just paste it straight into this comment box, it should show ok.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1359549263' post='1956366']
I've never had any trouble with pics & there's proof in the photography threads. But I think I know what it might be...

Did you put the Flickr URL in the picture link (by clicking on the wee box & then pasting the code in)?
If so, that might be the problem.

If you take the BBCode from "share" (on your Flickr page image) & then just paste it straight into this comment box, it should show ok.
[/quote]

I'll have a look at that, I just right click on the image, copy, and paste it into the thread reply. Its been working fine like that forever, but i may try a different approach. From what I'm reading, pretty much ecveryone seems to be having difficulties with pics on BC at the mo.

Thanks for the help, and tip. :)